SB-656933, a novel CXCR2 selective antagonist, inhibits ex vivo neutrophil activation and ozone-induced airway inflammation in humans
Article first published online: 11 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Authors. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2011 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Special Issue: Uropharmacology Themed Section
Volume 72, Issue 2, pages 282–293, August 2011
How to Cite
Lazaar, A. L., Sweeney, L. E., MacDonald, A. J., Alexis, N. E., Chen, C. and Tal-Singer, R. (2011), SB-656933, a novel CXCR2 selective antagonist, inhibits ex vivo neutrophil activation and ozone-induced airway inflammation in humans. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 72: 282–293. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2011.03968.x
- Issue published online: 11 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 11 JUL 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 MAR 2011 08:36AM EST
- Received , 1 November 2010 , Accepted , 6 March 2011 , Accepted Article , 22 March 2011
- 12Interleukin-8 receptor (CXCR2) antagonists. In: New Drugs for Asthma, Allergy and COPD: Progress in Respiratory Research, 31 edn, eds Hansel TT, Barnes PJ. Basel: Kargel, 2001; 293–6., , , , , .
- 16The selective CXCR2 receptor antagonist SB-656933 inhibits CXCL1-induced neutrophil CD11b expression in human whole blood. Eur Resp J 2004; 24: 218s., , , , .
- 17Inhibition of LPS-induced neutrophil recruitment in the lungs correlates with modulation of neutrophil CD11b expression using the selective CXCR2 receptor antagonist SB-656933. Eur Resp J 2004; 24: 218s., , , , , .
- 18A novel flow cytometric assay of human whole blood neutrophil and monocyte CD11b levels: upregulation by chemokines is related to receptor expression, comparison with neutrophil shape change, and effects of a chemokine receptor (CXCR2) antagonist. Pulm Pharm Ther 2007; 20: 52–9., , , , , , , , , .
- 20The respiratory responses of subjects with allergic rhinitis to ozone exposure and their relationship to nonspecific airway reactivity. Toxicol Ind Health 1987; 4: 507–17., , , , .
- 30Rising single-dose safety and pharmacokinetics of oral SCH 527123, a novel antagonist of CXCR2, in healthy volunteers. Eur Resp J 2007; 30: 613S., , , .
- 36Results of a Phase II clinical trial BIIL 248 BS (an LTB4 receptor antagonist)for the treatment of CF lung disease. Ped Pulm 2005; 40: 125–6., , , , , , , .
- 37SCH527123, a novel treatment option for severe neutrophilic asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2010; 181: A6762., , , , .
- 38Safety and efficacy of SCH527123, a novel CXCR2 antagonist, in patients with COPD. Eur Resp J 2010; 36: 38s., , , , , , , , .