Unlicensed use of metformin in children and adolescents in the UK
Version of Record online: 8 DEC 2011
© 2011 The Authors. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2011 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 135–139, January 2012
How to Cite
Hsia, Y., Dawoud, D., Sutcliffe, A. G., Viner, R. M., Kinra, S. and Wong, I. C. K. (2012), Unlicensed use of metformin in children and adolescents in the UK. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 73: 135–139. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2011.04063.x
- Issue online: 8 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 8 DEC 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 JUL 2011 01:11AM EST
- Received; 9 December 2010; Accepted; 9 July 2011; Accepted Article; 18 July 2011
- 15Joint Formulary Committee. British National Formulary For Children, 59 edn. London: British Medical Association and Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, 2009.
- 16Joint Formulary Committee. British National Formulary, 59 edn. London: British Medical Association and Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, 2009.
- 18Examples of automated databases. In: Textbook of Pharmacoepidemiology, 4 edn. ed. Strom BL. Chichester, West Sussex: John Wiley & Son Ltd, 2006; 173–214., , .
- 19European Pharmaceutical Market Research Association. ATC- Anatomical classification. Available at http://www.ephmra.org/PDF/ATC%20Guidelines%202010.pdf (last accessed June 2011).
- 20WHO. International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Health Problem, 10th Revision. Geneva: World Health Organisation, 1992; Available at http://www.who.int/classifications/icd/en/ (last accessed June 2011).
- 24ICH E11: clinical investigation of medicinal products in the paediatric population. In: Guide to Paediatric Clinical Research, eds Rose K, van den Anker JN. Basel: Karger, 2007; 33–7., .
- 27European Medicines Agency (EMEA). Questions and answers on the suspension of medicines containing sibutramine. Available at http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Referrals_document/Sibutramine_107/WC500094238.pdf (last accessed June 2011).