What do clinical pharmacologists do? A questionnaire survey of senior UK clinical pharmacologists
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2012
© 2011 The Author. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2011 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 73, Issue 2, pages 161–169, February 2012
How to Cite
Aronson, J. K. (2012), What do clinical pharmacologists do? A questionnaire survey of senior UK clinical pharmacologists. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 73: 161–169. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2011.04079.x
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 AUG 2011 10:45AM EST
- RECEIVED; 9 July 2011; ACCEPTED; 29 July 2011; ACCEPTED ARTICLE; 10 August 2011
- 1Pedanius Dioscorides of Anazarbus. De Materia Medica. Translated by Lily Y Beck. Hildesheim: Olms-Weidmann, 2005.
- 4Louis Lewin – Meyler's predecessor. In: Side Effects of Drugs Annual 27, ed. Aronson JK. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2004; xxv–xxix..
- 6Clinical Pharmacology Committee. Clinical Pharmacology in the Reorganised National Health Service. London: Royal College of Physicians, 1969; revised 1975.
- 7WHO Study Group. Clinical Pharmacology. Scope, Organization, Training. Wld Hlth Org Techn Rep Series 1970: no. 446.
- 8Drug Research Board, Division of Medical Sciences, National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences. Report of the Conference on Clinical Pharmacology, held in Washington, DC, December 3–4, 1970. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1972; 4: 131–6.
- 10Royal College of Physicians Working Party. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics in a Changing World. London: Royal College of Physicians, 1999.
- 11Royal College of Physicians. Clinical pharmacology and therapeutics. Consultant Physicians Working with Patients, 5th edn. London: RCP, 2011.
- 12FitzPatrick Lecture, Royal College of Physicians, London, 2007: Clinical pharmacology: a suitable case for treatment. Available at: https://admin.emea.acrobat.com/_a45839050/p74648562/ (last accessed 8 July 2011)..
- 20How prepared are medical graduates to begin practice? A comparison of three diverse UK medical schools Final summary and conclusions for the GMC Education Committee. 2008. Available at: http://www.gmc-uk.org/FINAL_How_prepared_are_medical_graduates_to_begin_practice_September_08.pdf_29697834.pdf (last accessed 8 July 2011)., , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 22Department of Health. Investing in General Practice – the GMS contract. Annex A. Quality Indicators. Available at: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Primarycare/Primarycarecontracting/GMS/DH_4125637 (last accessed 8 July 2011)
- 27Clinical pharmacology and primary care. Pharmacol Matters 2009; 2: 20–2..
- 35Evidence-Based Medical Monitoring: From Principles to Practice. Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell, 2008., , , eds.
- 37Opening plenary lecture. WorldPharma, Copenhagen 2010. Found in translation. Human pharmacology and applied pharmacology come of age. Available at: http://www.bps.ac.uk/SpringboardWebApp/userfiles/bps/file/Meetings/WPJAronsonFoundInTranslationLecture.pdf (last accessed 8 July 2011).
- 38When I use a word . . . Found in translation. BMJ 2011; 342: d2762..
- 39National Center for Research Resources. National Institutes of Health. Department of Health and Human Services. NIH SMRB recommends new translational medicine and therapeutics center to include the CTSAs, and thorough review of NCRR's other programs. Available at: December 7, 2010. http://ncrr.nih.gov/about_us/ncrr_updates/statements/2010-12-07 (last accessed 8 July 2011)
- 41Centre for Workforce Intelligence. Medical Specialty Workforce Factsheet. Clinical pharmacology and therapeutics. August 2010. Available at http://www.cfwi.org.uk/intelligence/cfwi-medical-factsheets/recommendation-for-clinical-pharmacology-and-therapeutics-2011 (last accessed 8 July 2011).