An agenda for UK clinical pharmacology: How should teaching of undergraduates in clinical pharmacology and therapeutics be delivered and assessed?
Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2012
© 2012 The Author. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Special Issue: Agenda for Clinical Pharmacology Issue
Volume 73, Issue 6, pages 893–899, June 2012
How to Cite
Maxwell, S. R. J. (2012), An agenda for UK clinical pharmacology: How should teaching of undergraduates in clinical pharmacology and therapeutics be delivered and assessed?. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 73: 893–899. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04232.x
- Issue online: 8 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 FEB 2012 04:55AM EST
- RECEIVED; 12 January 2012; ACCEPTED; 30 January 2012; ACCEPTED ARTICLE PUBLISHED ONLINE; 23 February 2012
- 1Royal College of Physicians. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics in a Changing World. Report of a Working Party. London: RCP, 1999.
- 2General Medical Council. Tomorrow's Doctors. London: General Medical Council, 1993.
- 8An in Depth Investigation into Causes of Prescribing Errors by Foundation Trainees in Relation to Their Medical Education – EQUIP Study. London: General Medical Council, 2009. Available at http://www.gmc-uk.org/FINAL_Report_prevalence_and_causes_of_prescribing_errors.pdf_28935150.pdf (last accessed 15 March 2012)., , , , , , , .
- 11How prepared are medical graduates to begin practice? A comparison of three diverse UK medical schools. Final summary and conclusions for the GMC Education Committee, 15 December 2008. Available at http://www.gmc-uk.org/FINAL_How_prepared_are_medical_graduates_to_begin_practice_September_08.pdf_29697834.pdf (last accessed 8 July 2011)., , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 12Skills for Health. Junior Doctors in the NHS: Preparing Medical Students for Employment and Post-graduate Training. 2009.
- 15Medical Schools Council. Safe Prescribing Working Group. Outcomes of the Medical Schools Council Safe Prescribing Working Group. Available at http://www.medschools.ac.uk/AboutUs/Projects/Documents/Outcomes%20of%20the%20Medical%20Schools%20Council%20Safe%20Prescribing%20Working%20Group.pdf (last accessed 17 June 2011).
- 16General Medical Council. Tomorrow's Doctors. 2009. Available at http://www.gmc-uk.org/education/undergraduate/tomorrows_doctors_2009.asp (last accessed 17 June 2011).
- 19Prescribing and the core curriculum for tomorrow's doctors: BPS curriculum in clinical pharmacology and prescribing for medical students. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2012; doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04186.x. [Epub ahead of print]., .