Symmetrical analysis of risk–benefit
Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 74, Issue 5, pages 757–761, November 2012
How to Cite
Warren, J. B., Day, S. and Feldschreiber, P. (2012), Symmetrical analysis of risk–benefit. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 74: 757–761. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04265.x
- Issue online: 9 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 MAR 2012 10:39AM EST
- Received; 16 November 2011; Accepted; 28 February 2012; Accepted Article Published Online; 8 March 2012
- 1The regulatory process: pharmacovigilance in practice. In: The Law and Regulation of Medicines, ed. Feldschreiber P. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008; 129–63..
- 2Food and Drug Administration. Guidance for Industry. Diabetes Mellitus – Evaluating Cardiovascular Risk in New Antidiabetic Therapies to Treat Type 2 Diabetes. 2008. 1–8. Available at http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/ucm071627.pdf (last accessed March 2012).
- 10National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Hypertension. CG127, 2011. Available at http://www.nice.org.uk/CG034 (last accessed March 2012).
- 12Food and Drug Administration. Highlights of prescribing information, Celecoxib. Available at http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/020998s033,021156s003lbl.pdf (last accessed March 2012).
- 14International Conference on Harmonisation of technical requirements for registration of pharmaceuticals for human use. The extent of population exposure to assess clinical safety for drugs intended for long term treatment of non-life threatening conditions. E1. Available at http://www.ich.org/fileadmin/Public_Web_Site/ICH_Products/Guidelines/Efficacy/E1/Step4/E1_Guideline.pdf (last accessed March 2012).
- 15Benefit-Risk Appraisal of Medicines. A Systematic Approach to Decision-Making. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell, 2009., , .
- 17Reference Guide on Epidemiology, in Reference Manual on Scientific Evidence. Washington, DC: Federal Judicial Center, 1994; 168. Available at http://ftp.resource.org/courts.gov/fjc/sciam.6.epide.pdf (last accessed March 2012)., , , .
- 18Relative risk greater than two in proof of causation in toxic tort litigation. Jurimetrics 2001; 41: 195–209., .
- 20Reference guide on epidemiology. In: Reference Manual on Scientific Evidence, 2nd edn. ed. Smith FM. Washington, DC: Federal Judicial Center, 2000; 333–400. Available at http://www.fjc.gov/public/pdf.nsf/lookup/sciman00.pdf/$file/sciman00.pdf (last accessed March 2012)., , .