e-Learning initiatives to support prescribing
Article first published online: 5 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Special Issue: Prescribing Themed Issue
Volume 74, Issue 4, pages 621–631, October 2012
How to Cite
Maxwell, S. and Mucklow, J. (2012), e-Learning initiatives to support prescribing. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 74: 621–631. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04300.x
- Issue published online: 5 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 5 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 APR 2012 04:02AM EST
- Received; 22 December 2011; Accepted; 11 April 2012; Accepted Article Published Online; 18 April 2012
- 1National Patient Safety Agency. National Reporting and Learning Systems. 2012 Quarterly data summaries. Available at http://www.nrls.npsa.nhs.uk/resources/collections/quarterly-data-summaries/ (last accessed 13 May 2012).
- 3An in-depth investigation into causes of prescribing errors by foundation trainees in relation to their medical education: EQUIP study. Final report to the General Medical Council. University of Manchester: School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences and School of Medicine. 2009. Available at: http://www.pharmacy.manchester.ac.uk/cip/CIPPublications/commissionedreports/prescribing_errors_prevalence_incidence.pdf (last accessed 16 May 2012)., , , , , , , .
- 4The prevalence of prescribing errors amongst junior doctors in Scotland. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2011; 109: 35., , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 5How prepared are medical graduates to begin practice? A comparison of three diverse UK medical schools. Final summary and conclusions for the GMC Education Committee, 15th December 2008. Available at http://www.gmc-uk.org/about/research/research_commissioned.asp (last accessed 16 May 2012), , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 6Skills for Health. Junior Doctors in the NHS: Preparing Medical Students for Employment and Post-Graduate Training. Bristol: Skills for Health, 2009.
- 9British Pharmacological Society. Prescribe: eLearning in Clinical Pharmacology and Prescribing. Available at http://www.prescribe.ac.uk (last accessed 16 May 2012)
- 13Safe Prescribing Working Group. Outcomes of the Medical Schools Council Safe Prescribing Working Group. 2008. Available at http://www.medschools.ac.uk/AboutUs/Projects/Documents/Outcomes%20of%20the%20Medical%20Schools%20Council%20Safe%20Prescribing%20Working%20Group.pdf (last accessed 16 May 2012)
- 16Guide to Good Prescribing – A Practical Manual. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1994., , , .
- 19In: The Modern Practice of Adult Education. From Pedagogy to Andragogy, 2nd edn. Prentice Hall/Cambridge: Englewood Cliffs, 1980..