Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Special Issue: Prescribing Themed Issue
Volume 74, Issue 4, pages 573–580, October 2012
How to Cite
Blenkinsopp, A., Bond, C. and Raynor, D. K. (2012), Medication reviews. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 74: 573–580. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04331.x
- Issue online: 5 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 MAY 2012 07:00AM EST
- Received; 21 December 2011; Accepted; 9 May 2012; Accepted Article Published Online; 18 May 2012
- 3Department of Health. 2001. National service framework for older people.
- 4GP Committee of the BMA and the NHS Confederation. Investing in General Practice: The New General Medical Services Contract. London: British Medical Association, National Health Service Confederation, 2003.
- 6National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. 2009. Medicines adherence: involving patients in decisions about prescribed medicines and supporting adherence.
- 72008. A guide to medication review. Keele University. NPC Plus & Medicines Partnership. Available at http://www.npc.nhs.uk/review_medicines/intro/resources/agtmr_web1 (last accessed 25 June 2012)., , .
- 9Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee/NHS Employers. 2012. Service specification: medicines use review and prescription interventions. Available at http://www.psnc.org.uk/data/files/PharmacyContractandServices/AdvancedServices/MUR_service_spec_Jan_2012.pdf (last accessed 25 June 2012).
- 10Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee. 2005. Service specification: medication review. (Full Clinical Review) Available at http://www.psnc.org.uk/data/files/PharmacyContract/enhanced_service_spec/en7__medication_review.pdf (last accessed 25 June 2012).
- 11Medicines reviews. BMJ Learning 2011., .
- 13Disease management. In: Evidence Based Pharmacy, ed. Bond C. London: Pharmaceutical Press, 2000; 115–29..
- 22Intergrating medication therapy management in the primary care medical home: a review of randomised controlled trials. Ann Pharmacother 2011; 45: 810–2., , , , .
- 28Community Pharmacy Medicines Management Project Evaluation Team (including Jaffray M, Bond CM, Watson MC, Hannaford P, Tinelli M, Scott A, Lee A, Blenkinsopp A, Anderson C, Bissell P). Evaluation of medication reviews conducted by community pharmacists: a quantitative analysis of documented issues and recommendations. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2008; 65: 386–96., on behalf of The
- 29The Community Pharmacy medicines Management Project Evaluation team. (C. Bond Principal Investigator) The MEDMAN study: a randomized controlled trial of community pharmacy-led medicines management for patients with coronary heart disease. Fam Pract 2007; 24: 189–200.
- 31The General Practitioner-Pharmacist Collaboration (GPPC) study: a randomised controlled trial of clinical medication reviews in community pharmacy. Int J Pharm 2011; 19: 94–105., , , .
- 322011. Medicines use reviews by community pharmacists. Public Health Wales Available at http://www2.nphs.wales.nhs.uk:8080/PharmaceuticalPHTDocs.nsf/($All)/49CAA20A63ADF04E802578AA00379DEF/$File/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20Medicines%20use%20review%20by%20community%20pharmacists%20v1%200%20_2_.pdf?OpenElement (last accessed 27 November 2011)..
- 372010. Pharmacist-led medication review for older people in the community setting. Public Health Wales. Available at http://www2.nphs.wales.nhs.uk:8080/PharmaceuticalPHTDocs.nsf/($All)/F6C649AE73286DC78025779100324AAF/$File/Literature%20review-%20Pharmacist%20led%20medication%20review%20for%20older%20people%20in%20the%20community%20setting.pdf?OpenElement (last accessed 25 June 2012)..
- 382010. MUR support and evaluation programme Final Report. Primary Care Pharmacists Association / National Pharmacy Association. http://www.npa.co.uk/Documents/Docstore/PCO_LPCs/MUR_support_evaluation.pdf accessed 2/12/11., , , , .
- 40Multi-professional clinical medication reviews in care homes for the elderly: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial with cost effectiveness analysis. Trials 2011; 12: 218. Available at http://www.trialsjournal.com/content/12/1/218 (last accessed 25 June 2012)., , , , , , , .
- 41Deprescribing. Aust Prescr 2011; 34: 182–5., , , .