A contrast in safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics across age groups after a single 50 mg oral dose of the γ-secretase inhibitor avagacestat
Article first published online: 14 DEC 2012
© 2012 Bristol-Myers Squibb. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 75, Issue 1, pages 136–145, January 2013
How to Cite
Tong, G., Wang, J.-S., Sverdlov, O., Huang, S.-P., Slemmon, R., Croop, R., Castaneda, L., Gu, H., Wong, O., Li, H., Berman, R. M., Smith, C., Albright, C. F. and Dockens, R. (2013), A contrast in safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics across age groups after a single 50 mg oral dose of the γ-secretase inhibitor avagacestat. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 75: 136–145. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04339.x
- Issue published online: 14 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 14 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 MAY 2012 11:44PM EST
- Received; 15 September 2011; Accepted; 15 May 2012; Accepted Article Published Online; 23 May 2012
- 1Alzheimer's Association. 2010 Alzheimer's disease facts and figures. Available at http://www.alz.org/documents_custom/report_alzfactsfigures2010.pdf (last accessed 6 February 2012).
- 10BMS-708163, a notch-sparing GSI, decreases central Aβ in rats, dogs, and humans with a therapeutic margin relative to notch toxicity. Presented at the 10th International Conference on Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Diseases. 9–13 March 2011, Barcelona, Spain. 2011., , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 12Multicenter, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled single ascending-dose study of the oral gamma-secretase inhibitor BMS-708163 (avagacestat): tolerability profile, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics. Manuscript in press. Clin Ther 2012; 34: 654–67., , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 15Development and validation of sensitive and selective LC-MS/MS methods for the determination of BMS-708163, a gamma-secretase inhibitor, in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid using deprotonated or formate adduct ions as precursor ions. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 2010; 878: 2319–26., , , , .
- 18In: Noncompartmental Analysis Based on Statistical Moment Theory, in Pharmacokinetics, 2nd edn. 409–17. New York: Marcel Dekker, 1982., .