Data previously presented at 13th World Congress on Pain, August 29–September 2, 2010, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
An oral TRPV1 antagonist attenuates laser radiant-heat-evoked potentials and pain ratings from UVB-inflamed and normal skin
Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2013
© 2012 Abbott. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 75, Issue 2, pages 404–414, February 2013
How to Cite
Schaffler, K., Reeh, P., Duan, W. R., Best, A. E., Othman, A. A., Faltynek, C. R., Locke, C. and Nothaft, W. (2013), An oral TRPV1 antagonist attenuates laser radiant-heat-evoked potentials and pain ratings from UVB-inflamed and normal skin. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 75: 404–414. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04377.x
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 JUL 2012 05:44AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 AUG 2011
- 5Attitudes toward opioid use for chronic pain: a Canadian physician survey. Pain Res Manag 2003; 8: 189–194., , , .
- 6National Institute on Drug Abuse. Research Report Series. Prescription drugs: abuse and addiction [online]. Updated 2005. Available at http://www.nida.nih.gov/researchreports/prescription/prescription.html (last accessed 15 July 2010).
- 12(R)-(5-tert-butyl-2,3-dihydro-1H-inden-1-yl)-3-(1H-indazol-4-yl)-urea (ABT-102) blocks polymodal activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 receptors in vitro and heat-evoked firing of spinal dorsal horn neurons in vivo. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2008; 326: 879–888., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 21Design and Analysis of Cross-over Trials. London: Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2003., .
- 22Abbott Nutrition. Ensure plus ingredients [online]. Updated 2011. Available at http://abbottnutrition.com/products/ensure-plus (last accessed 9 December 2011).
- 23A phase 1 study to evaluate the bioavailability and food effect of twosolid-dispersion formulations of the TRPV1 antagonist ABT-102, relative to the oral solution formulation, in healthy human volunteers. Clin Pharmacol Drug Dev 2012; 1: 24–31., , , , .
- 25International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations. 2007 Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities, Version 10.1. In. VAR1/8A/MSSO ed. 12011 Sunset Hills Rd., Reston VA 20190-3285, USA: MedDRA Maintenance and Support Services Organization.
- 28Pharmacokinetics of tramadol following single and multiple doses in man. Pharm Res 1992; 9: 308, , .
- 35Proof of efficacy and dose-dependency of NSAID and opiate analgesics in Laser evoked potential paradigm - using capsaicin and UV skin model. Spring Pain Conference; 2008 April 26-May 3, 2008; Grand Cayman Island, British West Indies..
- 36Pharmacologic inhibition of TRPV1 impairs sensation of potentially injurious heat in healthy subjects. 110th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics; March 18-21, 2009; National Harbor, MD; Abstract LB-II-A-3., , , , , , , , , , , , , .