Simultaneous oral therapeutic and intravenous 14C-microdoses to determine the absolute oral bioavailability of saxagliptin and dapagliflozin
Article first published online: 5 FEB 2013
© 2012 Bristol–Myers Squibb, Co.. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Special Issue: Nutraceuticals Themed Section
Volume 75, Issue 3, pages 763–768, March 2013
How to Cite
Boulton, D. W., Kasichayanula, S., Keung, C. F., Arnold, M. E., Christopher, L. J., Xu, X. and LaCreta, F. (2013), Simultaneous oral therapeutic and intravenous 14C-microdoses to determine the absolute oral bioavailability of saxagliptin and dapagliflozin. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 75: 763–768. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04391.x
- Issue published online: 5 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 5 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 24 JUL 2012 02:35AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 3 JAN 2012
- 2Guidance for Industry. Waiver of in vivo bioavailability and bioequivalence studies for immediate-release solid oral dosage forms based on a biopharmaceutics classification system. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, 2000.
- 3Guideline. Pharmacokinetic Studies in Man. European Medicines Agency, 1987.
- 4Recommendation No 1866. From the 109th meeting recommendations on the Provision of an Absolute Bioavailability Study for all New Chemical Entities. Australian Drug Evaluation Committee (ADEC) Pharmaceutical Subcommittee (PSC) of the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government (2006).
- 5ICH Topic M 3 (R2). Non-clinical safety studies for the conduct of human clinical trials and marketing authorization for pharmaceuticals. International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (2009).
- 8The application of accelerator mass spectrometry to absolute bioavailability studies in humans: simultaneous administration of an intravenous microdose of 14C-nelfinavir mesylate solution and oral nelfinavir to healthy volunteers. J Clin Pharmacol 2005; 45: 1198–1205., , , .
- 12Achieving regulatory approval: Overcoming bioanalytical challenges in an Onglyza™ Micro-tracer Absolute Bioavailability Study with accelerator mass spectrometry. 12th Annual Land O'Lakes Bioanalytical Conference: Agency and Industry Perspectives on Biomarkers, Bloodspots and Beyond, Merrimac, WI July 11–15, 2011., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 13Guidance for Industry. Bioanalytical Method Validation. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research and Center for Veterinary Medicine, 2001.
- 15Liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry method for the quantitative determination of saxagliptin and its major pharmacologically active 5-monohydroxy metabolite in human plasma: Method validation and overcoming specific and non-specific binding at low concentrations. J Chromatogr B 2012; 889–890: 77–86., , , , , , , , , , .
- 16Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Concepts and Applications, 2nd edn. Philadelphia PA: Lea & Febiger, 1989., .
- 19United States Prescribing Information for OnglyzaTM (saxagliptin). Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP (Feb. 2011).