A randomized trial of the safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of edoxaban, an oral factor Xa inhibitor, following a switch from warfarin
Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2013
© 2012 Daiichi Sankyo Pharma Development. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 75, Issue 4, pages 966–978, April 2013
How to Cite
Mendell, J., Noveck, R. J. and Shi, M. (2013), A randomized trial of the safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of edoxaban, an oral factor Xa inhibitor, following a switch from warfarin. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 75: 966–978. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04409.x
- Issue online: 15 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 AUG 2012 09:42PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 DEC 2011
- Daiichi Sankyo
- 2American College of Cardiology, American Heart Association Task Force, European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines, European Heart Rhythm Association, Heart Rhythm Society. ACC/AHA/ESC 2006 guidelines for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation: full text: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on practice guidelines and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 2001 guidelines for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation) developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association and the Heart Rhythm Society. Europace 2006; 8: 651–745., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 7Absolute bioavailability of edoxaban in healthy subjects. Poster presented at: American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Annual Meeting and Exposition 2011, October 23–27, Washington, DC., , , , .
- 9Daiichi Sankyo Inc., TIMI Study Group. Global Study to Assess the Safety and Effectiveness of DU-176b vs Standard Practice of Dosing with Warfarin in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (ENGAGE AF TIMI-48). Available at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=NCT00781391 (last accessed 3 August 2012).
- 10Daiichi Sankyo Inc. Comparative Investigation of Low Molecular Weight (LMW) Heparin/Edoxaban Tosylate (DU176b) Versus (LMW) Heparin/Warfarin in the Treatment of Symptomatic Deep-Vein Blood Clots and/or Lung Blood Clots. (The Edoxaban Hokusai-VTE Study.) Available at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=NCT00986154 (last accessed 3 August 2012).
- 15Measuring rivaroxaban pharmacodynamics: prothrombinase-induced clotting time (PiCT®) and Heptest®. Poster presented at: 20th International Congress on Thrombosis (ICT), June 25–28, 2008, Athens, Greece., , , , .
- 16Investigations of thrombin generation tests in warfarin taking patients. J Thromb Haemost 2007; 5: (Suppl 2): P-S-693., , , .
- 20Evaluation of the novel factor Xa inhibitor edoxaban compared with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation: design and rationale for the Effective aNticoaGulation with factor xA next GEneration in Atrial Fibrillation-Thrombolysis In Myocardial Infarction study 48 (ENGAGE AF-TIMI 48). Am Heart J 2010; 160: 635–641., , , , , , , , , , , .