Balanced prescribing – principles and challenges
Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Author. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Special Issue: Prescribing Themed Issue
Volume 74, Issue 4, pages 566–572, October 2012
How to Cite
Aronson, J. K. (2012), Balanced prescribing – principles and challenges. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 74: 566–572. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04413.x
- Issue online: 5 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 9 NOV 2011
- 2British Pharmacological Society. Ten principles of good prescribing. Available at http://main.bps.ac.uk/SpringboardWebApp/userfiles/bps/file/Guidelines/BPSPrescribingPrinciples.pdf (last accessed 9 August 2012).
- 5The drug history and the clinical examination and investigation of drug effects. In: The Oxford Textbook of Clinical Pharmacology and Drug Therapy, 3rd edn. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002; 167–170., .
- 7Safe and effective prescribing. Available at http://learning.bmj.com/learning/module-intro/.html?moduleId=5004474&searchTerm=‘aronson'&page=0 (last accessed 9 August 2012)..
- 8Pharmacogenetics of adverse drug reactions. In: Stephens' Detection and Evaluation of Adverse Drug Reactions: Principles and Practice, 6th edn. eds Talbot J , Aronson JK . Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011; 121–156., .
- 11Drug therapy. In: Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine, 21st edn. eds Colledge NR , Walker BR , Ralston SH . Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 2010; Chapter 2..
- 12Glasziou PP , Irwig L , Aronson JK , eds. Evidence-Based Medical Monitoring. From Principles to Practice. Oxford: Blackwell Publications, 2008.
- 15How prepared are medical graduates to begin practice? A comparison of three diverse UK medical schools Final summary and conclusions for the GMC Education Committee. 2008. Available at http://www.gmc-uk.org/FINAL_How_prepared_are_medical_graduates_to_begin_practice_September_08.pdf_29697834.pdf (last accessed 9 August 2012)., , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 17Medical Schools Council. Press release: The Medical Schools Council supports GMC call for common prescription form. 2009. Available at http://www.medschools.ac.uk/AboutUs/Projects/Documents/MSC%20response%20to%20GMCs%20calls%20for%20common%20prescription%20form.pdf (last accessed 9 August 2012).
- 18British Pharmacological Society. Prescribe. e-learning for clinical pharmacology and prescribing. Available at http://www.bps.ac.uk/details/aboutPage/855685/Prescribe_e-learning.html?cat=bps12a5cac2541 (last accessed 9 August 2012).
- 24An in Depth Investigation into Causes of Prescribing Errors by Foundation Trainees in Relation to Their Medical Education – EQUIP Study. London: General Medical Council, 2009. Available at http://www.gmc-uk.org/FINAL_Report_prevalence_and_causes_of_prescribing_errors.pdf_28935150.pdf (last accessed 9 August 2012)., , , , , , , .
- 25Academy of Royal Medical Colleges. Standards for the design of hospital in-patient prescription charts. Available at http://www.aomrc.org.uk/projects/standards-in-patient-prescription-charts.html (last accessed 9 August 2012)., , , , , , , ,