These authors are joint last authors.
What can we learn from parents about enhancing participation in pharmacovigilance?
Article first published online: 15 MAR 2013
© 2012 The Authors. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 75, Issue 4, pages 1109–1117, April 2013
How to Cite
Arnott, J., Hesselgreaves, H., Nunn, A. J., Peak, M., Pirmohamed, M., Smyth, R. L., Turner, M. A. and Young, B. (2013), What can we learn from parents about enhancing participation in pharmacovigilance?. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 75: 1109–1117. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04441.x
- Issue published online: 15 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 15 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 21 AUG 2012 05:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAY 2012
- 1Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). Healthcare professional reporting: adverse drug reactions. Available at http://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/ (last accessed 1 August 2012).
- 2Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). Safety information. Available at http://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/ (last accessed 1 August 2012).
- 9Consumer reporting of adverse drug reacitons: a retrospective analysis of the Danish adverse drug reactions database from 2004–2006. Drug Saf 2006; 32: 1067–1074., , .
- 13Patients' role in reporting adverse drug reactions. Drug Saf 2004; 3: 363–368., .
- 14The Yellow Card Scheme: evaluation of patient reporting of suspected adverse drug reactions. Abstract of Eurodrug Conference 2006. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2006; 15: S1–S316., , .
- 15Assessing the usability of methods of public reporting of adverse drug reactions to the UK Yellow Card Scheme. Health Expect 2011. doi: 10.1111/jl.1369-7625.2011.00686.x., , , , , , .
- 17Experiences with adverse drug reaction reporting by patients: an 11-country survey. Drug Saf 2012; 35: 45–60., , , .
- 18European Medicines Agency (EMA). Information on Benefits and Risks of Medicines: Patients' Consumers' and Healthcre Professionals Expectations. London: European Medicines Agency (EMA), 2009.
- 19European Medicines Agency (EMA). The European Medicines Agency Road Map to 2015: The Agency's Contribution to Science, Medicine and Health. London: Eurpean Medicines Agency (EMA), 2010.
- 20New rules will allow EU patients to report drug concerns directly. BMJ 2010; 341 (c5344): 689..
- 24Lack of effect of the European guidance on clinical investigation of medicines in children. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2002; 71: 54–54., , .
- 36Qualitative Research and Evaluation Methods. London: Sage Publications, 2002..
- 37ADRIC. Adverse drug reactions in children. Available at http://www.adric.org.uk/Index.html (last accessed 12 March 2012).
- 39Analysis in Qualitative Research. London: Sage Publications Ltd, 2010..
- 40Analyzing Qualitative Data. London: Routledge, 2004., .
- 41Basics of Qualitative Research. London: Thousand Oaks, CA Sage Publictions Ltd, 1998., .
- 42Grounded theory. Objectivist and constructivist methods. In: Strategies of Qualitative Inquiry, eds Denzin NK , Lincoln YS . London: Sage Publications, 2003; 249–291..
- 43Comparing telephone and face-to-face qualitative interviewing: a research note. Qual Res 2004; 4: 107–118., .