Parts of these results were presented in a late-breaking abstract at the 112th ASCPT meeting, Denver, 2–5 March 2011 (Poster No.LBIII-2).
Oral bioavailability of dabigatran etexilate (Pradaxa®) after co-medication with verapamil in healthy subjects
Article first published online: 15 MAR 2013
© 2012 Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG.. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 75, Issue 4, pages 1053–1062, April 2013
How to Cite
Härtter, S., Sennewald, R., Nehmiz, G. and Reilly, P. (2013), Oral bioavailability of dabigatran etexilate (Pradaxa®) after co-medication with verapamil in healthy subjects. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 75: 1053–1062. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04453.x
- Issue published online: 15 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 15 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 SEP 2012 04:21AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 14 OCT 2011
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG, Ingelheim, Germany
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- 2RE-MODEL Study Group. Oral dabigatran etexilate vs. subcutaneous enoxaparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after total knee replacement: the RE-MODEL randomized trial. J Thromb Haemost 2007; 5: 2178–2185., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 4Dabigatran for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: the RE-LY trial. Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 2011; 9: 279–286., , .
- 5FDA. Pradaxa label. 2010. Available at http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/022512s007lbl.pdf (last accessed 18 May 2012).
- 6Pradax® monograph. Canada: Boehringer Ingelheim, 2012. Available at http://www.boehringer-ingelheim.ca/content/dam/internet/opu/ca_EN/documents/humanhealth/product_monograph/Pradax-pm.pdf (last accessed 18 May 2012).
- 7PharmPro. Boehringer Ingelheim: PRAZAXA (dabigatran etexilate) approved in Japan for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation. 2011. Available at http://www.pharmpro.com/News/Feeds/2011/01/pharmaceutical-companies-boehringer-ingelheim-prazaxa-dabigatran-etexilate-approved-in-japan-/ (last accessed 20 September 2012).
- 8Pradaxa Summary of Products Characteristics. European Medicine Agency, 2012. Available at http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/20760 (last accessed 18 May 2011).
- 13Increase in the oral bioavailability of dabigatran etexilate (Pradaxa®) after co-medication with verapamil. 2011. Presented at the 112th American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (ASCPT), 2–5 March 2011; Dallas, Texas., , , , .
- 14Advisory Committee Briefing Document. Dabigatran etexilate. Boehringer Ingelheim, 2010. Available at http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AdvisoryCommittees/CommitteesMeetingMaterials/Drugs/CardiovascularandRenalDrugsAdvisoryCommittee/UCM226009.pdf (last accessed 4 April 2011).
- 16Design and Analysis of Cross-Over Trials, Second Edition. Boca Raton, FL: Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2003., .