Odanacatib, a selective cathepsin K inhibitor to treat osteoporosis: safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics – results from single oral dose studies in healthy volunteers
Article first published online: 8 APR 2013
© 2012 Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station, NJ, USA. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 75, Issue 5, pages 1240–1254, May 2013
How to Cite
Stoch, S. A., Zajic, S., Stone, J. A., Miller, D. L., van Bortel, L., Lasseter, K. C., Pramanik, B., Cilissen, C., Liu, Q., Liu, L., Scott, B. B., Panebianco, D., Ding, Y., Gottesdiener, K. and Wagner, J. A. (2013), Odanacatib, a selective cathepsin K inhibitor to treat osteoporosis: safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics – results from single oral dose studies in healthy volunteers. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 75: 1240–1254. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04471.x
- Issue published online: 8 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 8 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 SEP 2012 10:16PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 DEC 2011
- 1Epidemiology of osteoporosis. Osteoporos Int 1999; 2: (9 Suppl. 2): S2–S8..
- 11Odanacatib treatment increases hip bone mass and cortical thickness by preserving endocortical bone formation and stimulating periosteal bone formation in the ovariectomized adult rhesus monkey. J Bone Miner Res 2012; 27: 524–537., , , , , , .
- 15Successes achieved and challenges ahead in translating biomarkers into clinical applications. AAPS J 2010; 12: 243–253., , , , , .
- 21Effect of one Year treatment with the cathepsin-K inhibitor, balicatib, on bone mineral density (BMD) in postmenopausal women with osteopenia/osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res 2006; 24: (Suppl 1)., , , , , , , , .
- 24U.S.Department of Health and Human Services Food and Drug Administration Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER). Guidance for industry food-effect bioavailability and fed bioequivalence studies. 2002. Available at http://www.FDA.gov (last accessed 15 September 2012).
- 29Bone markers in osteoporosis. Curr Osteoporos Rep 2009; 7: 84–90..