Funding sources This work was supported by NIAMS (NIH) grant 5ARO155902-3.
CLINICAL AND LABORATORY INVESTIGATIONS
The pleasurability of scratching an itch: a psychophysical and topographical assessment
Article first published online: 4 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. BJD © 2012 British Association of Dermatologists
British Journal of Dermatology
Volume 166, Issue 5, pages 981–985, May 2012
How to Cite
bin Saif, G.A., Papoiu, A.D.P., Banari, L., McGlone, F., Kwatra, S.G., Chan, Y.-H. and Yosipovitch, G. (2012), The pleasurability of scratching an itch: a psychophysical and topographical assessment. British Journal of Dermatology, 166: 981–985. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2133.2012.10826.x
Conflicts of interest None declared.
G.A.b.S. and A.D.P.P. contributed equally to this report and should be considered first authors.
- Issue published online: 23 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 JAN 2012 02:22PM EST
- Accepted for publication 4 January 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 3Central mechanisms of itch, Clinical Neurophysiology, 2014,, ,
- 4Itch in atopic dermatitis: from pathogenesis to treatment, Allergy, Asthma & Respiratory Disease, 2014, 2, 1, 8,
- 5Itch, 2014,, , ,
- 8Kratzen nach Körperregion, ästhetische dermatologie & kosmetologie, 2012, 4, 3, 3