Efficacy of standard dose and 30 ml/kg fresh frozen plasma in correcting laboratory parameters of haemostasis in critically ill patients
Article first published online: 27 FEB 2004
British Journal of Haematology
Volume 125, Issue 1, pages 69–73, April 2004
How to Cite
Chowdhury, P., Saayman, A. G., Paulus, U., Findlay, G. P. and Collins, P. W. (2004), Efficacy of standard dose and 30 ml/kg fresh frozen plasma in correcting laboratory parameters of haemostasis in critically ill patients. British Journal of Haematology, 125: 69–73. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2141.2004.04868.x
- Issue published online: 27 FEB 2004
- Article first published online: 27 FEB 2004
- Received 26 November 2003; accepted for publication 5 January 2004
Vol. 156, Issue 2, 292, Article first published online: 22 DEC 2011
- American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Blood Component Therapy (1996) Practice guidelines for blood component therapy. Anesthesiology, 84, 732–747.
- 1994) The management of patients with inherited blood coagulation disorders. In: Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 3rd edn (ed. by A.L.Bloom, C.D.Forbes, D.P.Thomas & E.G.D.Tuddenham), pp. 897–918. Churchill Livingstone, New York. (
- British Committee on Standards in Haematology (1992) Guidelines for the use of fresh frozen plasma. Transfusion Medicine, 2, 57–63.
- British Committee on Standards in Haematology (1998) Guidelines on oral anticoagulation: Third edition. British Journal of Haematology, 101, 374–387.
- 2003) The pathophysiology of variant Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease: the hypotheses behind concerns for blood components and products. British Journal of Haematology, 122, 3–9. & (
- 1987) Clotting factor levels and the risk of diffuse microvascular bleeding in the massively transfused patient. British Journal of Haematology, 67, 365–368. , , , , & (
- 1982) Prothrombin and partial thromboplastin times as preoperative screening tests. Archive of Surgery, 117, 48–51. , & (
- 1981) Bleeding after liver biopsy does not correlate with indices of peripheral coagulation. Digestion Disease and Sciences, 26, 388–393. (
- Fresh-Frozen Plasma, Cryoprecipitate and Platelet Administration Practice Guidelines Development Task Force of the College of American Pathologists (1994) Practice parameter for the use of fresh-frozen plasma, cryoprecipitate, and platelets. Journal of American Medical Association, 271, 777–781.
- 2000) Evaluation of solvent/detergent-treated plasma in patients with a prolonged prothrombin time. Vox Sanguis, 79, 161–167. , , , , , & (
- 1997) Emergency oral anticoagulant reversal: the relative efficacy of infusions of fresh frozen plasma and clotting factor concentrate on correction of the coagulopathy. Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 77, 477–480. , , , , & (
- 1976) Correction of abnormal coagulation in chronic liver disease by combined use of fresh-frozen plasma and prothrombin complex concentrates. Lancet, ii, 542–545. , & (
- 1996) The risk of transfusion-transmitted viral infections. The Retrovirus Epidemiology Donor Study. New England Journal of Medicine, 334, 1685–1690. , , & (
- 2003) Role of fresh frozen plasma infusion in correction of coagulopathy of chronic liver disease: a dual phase study. American Journal of Gastroenterology, 98, 1391–1394.Direct Link:, , , & (