IgE antibodies in sera of patients with allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis
Article first published online: 27 APR 2006
Clinical & Experimental Allergy
Volume 4, Issue 4, pages 349–358, December 1974
How to Cite
ARBESMAN, C. E., WICHER, K., WYPYCH, J. I., RETSMAN, R. E., DICKIE, H. and REED, C. E. (1974), IgE antibodies in sera of patients with allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. Clinical & Experimental Allergy, 4: 349–358. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2222.1974.tb01396.x
- Issue published online: 27 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 27 APR 2006
(1) Elevated IgE antibody to A.fumigatus is present in most patients with allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, but not in the sera of patients with a variety of pulmonary conditions that contain A. fumigatus precipitins.
(2) The RAST assays for measuring IgE antibodies to this antigen are relatively simple to perform and have a practical clinical value.
(3) The exact pathophysiologic role of these IgE antibodies is not yet denned, and several hypotheses are proposed.