Differential immunomodulatory properties of Bifidobacterium logum strains: relevance to probiotic selection and clinical applications
Version of Record online: 23 OCT 2007
Clinical & Experimental Immunology
Volume 150, Issue 3, pages 531–538, December 2007
How to Cite
Medina, M., Izquierdo, E., Ennahar, S. and Sanz, Y. (2007), Differential immunomodulatory properties of Bifidobacterium logum strains: relevance to probiotic selection and clinical applications. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 150: 531–538. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2249.2007.03522.x
- Issue online: 23 OCT 2007
- Version of Record online: 23 OCT 2007
- Accepted for publication 3 September 2007
- 1Probiotics: a general view. In: WoodBJB, ed. The lactic acid bacteria, vol. 1. The lactic acid bacteria in health and disease. London: Chapman & Hall, 1992:209–24., .
- 2Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and World Health Organization (FAO/WHO). Guidelines for the evaluation of probiotics in food. London/Ontario/Canada: FAO/WHO. Available at: ftp://ftp.fao.org/es/esn/food/wgreport2.pdf (accessed 1 June 2007).
- 3Quality assurance criteria for probiotic bacteria. Am J Clin Nutr 2001; 73:393–8 [Review]., , , , .
- 4Probiotic bacteria: legislative framework − requirements to evidence basis. J Nutr 2007; 137:850–3., .
- 7New methods for selecting and evaluating probiotics. Dig Liver Dis 2006; 38:242S–7S., .
- 9In vitro selection criteria for probiotic bacteria of human origin: correlation with in vivo findings. Am J Clin Nutr 2001; 73:386–92 [Review]., , et al.
- 27Transgenic mice expressing human interleukin-10 in the antigen-presenting cell compartment show increased susceptibility to infection with Mycobacterium avium associated with decreased macrophage effector function and apoptosis. Infect Immun 2002; 70:6672–9., , et al.
- 32Probiotic Lactobacillus-induced improvement in murine chronic inflammatory bowel disease is associated with the down-regulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines in lamina propria mononuclear cells. Clin Exp Immunol 2005; 140:417–26., , et al.