These authors contributed equally to this study.
Ex vivo expanded telomerase-specific T cells are effective in an orthotopic mouse model for pancreatic adenocarcinoma
Article first published online: 25 MAR 2009
© 2009 British Society for Immunology
Clinical & Experimental Immunology
Volume 158, Issue 1, pages 125–132, October 2009
How to Cite
Hassanin, H., Serba, S., Schmidt, J. and Märten, A. (2009), Ex vivo expanded telomerase-specific T cells are effective in an orthotopic mouse model for pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 158: 125–132. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2249.2009.03935.x
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 25 MAR 2009
- Accepted for publication 16 March 2009
- 1New techniques and agents in the adjuvant therapy of pancreatic cancer. Acta Oncol 2002; 41:582–95., , , .
- 2Interferon-based adjuvant chemoradiation therapy after pancreaticoduodenectomy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Am J Surg 2003; 185:476–80., , .
- 3Novel allogeneic granulocyte–macrophage colony-stimulating factor-secreting tumor vaccine for pancreatic cancer: a phase I trial of safety and immune activation. J Clin Oncol 2001; 19:145–56., , et al.
- 4Adoptive-cell-transfer therapy for the treatment of patients with cancer. Nat Rev Cancer 2003; 3:666–75., .
- 5Adoptive cell transfer therapy following non-myeloablative but lymphodepleting chemotherapy for the treatment of patients with refractory metastatic melanoma. J Clin Oncol 2005; 23:2346–57., , et al.
- 6Treatment of patients with metastatic melanoma with autologous tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes and interleukin 2. J Natl Cancer Inst 1994; 86:1159–66., , et al.
- 7A phase I study of nonmyeloablative chemotherapy and adoptive transfer of autologous tumor antigen-specific T lymphocytes in patients with metastatic melanoma. J Immunother 2002; 25:243–51., , et al.
- 8Adoptive transfer of cloned melanoma-reactive T lymphocytes for the treatment of patients with metastatic melanoma. J Immunother 2001; 24:363–73., , et al.
- 9The telomerase catalytic subunit is a widely expressed tumor-associated antigen recognized by cytotoxic T lymphocytes. Immunity 1999; 10:673–9., , , .
- 10Characterization of HLA-A3-restricted cytotoxic T lymphocytes reactive against the widely expressed tumor antigen telomerase. Clin Cancer Res 2001; 7:3343–8., , , , , .
- 11Identification of human telomerase reverse transcriptase-derived peptides that induce HLA-A24-restricted antileukemia cytotoxic T lymphocytes. Blood 2001; 97:2903–7., , , , , .
- 12Dendritic cells reconstituted with human telomerase gene induce potent cytotoxic T-cell response against different types of tumors. Cancer Gene Ther 2003; 10:239–49., , , , , .
- 13Telomerase pulsed dendritic cells for immunotherapy for renal cell carcinoma. J Urol 2004; 171:114–19., , , .
- 14Detection of telomerase activity in patients with pancreatic cancer. Methods Mol Med 2004; 103:199–206., .
- 15Telomerase-specific T-cells kill pancreatic tumor cells in vitro and in vivo. Cancer 2006; 106:759–64., , , , , .
- 16Isolation, structure elucidation, and synthesis of a macrophage stimulatory lipopeptide from Mycoplasma fermentans acting at picomolar concentration. J Exp Med 1997; 185:1951–8., , , , .
- 17Transfection with CD40L induces tumour suppression by dendritic cell activation in an orthotopic mouse model of pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Gut 2008; 57:344–51., , , , .
- 18Role of telomerase in cellular proliferation and cancer. J Cell Physiol 1999; 180:10–18., .
- 19Telomerase and cancer: time to move from a promising target to a clinical reality. J Pathol 2001; 195:404–14., , .
- 20Telomerase inhibitors. Trends Biotechnol 2001; 19:114–20., , .
- 21Lack of tumor recognition by hTERT peptide 540-548-specific CD8(+) T cells from melanoma patients reveals inefficient antigen processing. Eur J Immunol 2001; 31:2642–51., , et al.
- 22Human dendritic cells transfected with renal tumor RNA stimulate polyclonal T-cell responses against antigens expressed by primary and metastatic tumors. Cancer Res 2001; 61:3388–93., , , , , .
- 23Cytotoxic T cell immunity against telomerase reverse transcriptase in humans. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2000; 97:4796–801., , , , , .
- 24Cancer vaccines: novel approaches and new promise. Pharmacol Ther 1999; 81:121–39., , .
- 25Induction of cytotoxic T cell responses and tumor immunity against unrelated tumors using telomerase reverse transcriptase RNA transfected dendritic cells. Nat Med 2000; 6:1011–17., , et al.
- 26The pleiotropic functions of interleukin 15: not so interleukin 2-like after all. J Exp Med 2000; 191:753–6., , .
- 27Contrasting roles of IL-2 and IL-15 in the life and death of lymphocytes: implications for immunotherapy. Immunity 2001; 14:105–10., , .
- 28SAP and SLAM expression in anti-CD3 activated lymphocytes correlates with cytotoxic activity. Immunol Cell Biol 2005; 83:33–9., , , , .
- 29Enhancement of anti-tumor activity in vitro and in vivo by CD150 and SAP. Mol Immunol 2008; 45:796–804., , , , .
- 30To ablate or not to ablate? HSCs in the T cell driver's seat. J Clin Invest 2007; 117:306–10., .
- 31Characterization of naive, memory and effector CD8+ T cells: effect of age. Exp Gerontol 2004; 39:545–50., , , , , .
- 32Two subsets of memory T lymphocytes with distinct homing potentials and effector functions. Nature 1999; 401:708–12., , , , .
- 33Central memory self/tumor-reactive CD8+ T cells confer superior antitumor immunity compared with effector memory T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2005; 102:9571–6., , et al.