Airway-specific recruitment of T cells is reduced in a CD26-deficient F344 rat substrain
Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2009
© 2009 British Society for Immunology
Clinical & Experimental Immunology
Volume 158, Issue 1, pages 133–142, October 2009
How to Cite
Schade, J., Schmiedl, A., Kehlen, A., Veres, T. Z., Stephan, M., Pabst, R. and Von Hörsten, S. (2009), Airway-specific recruitment of T cells is reduced in a CD26-deficient F344 rat substrain. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 158: 133–142. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2249.2009.03991.x
- Issue online: 2 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2009
- Accepted for publication 19 June 2009
- 1Asthma. From bronchoconstriction to airways inflammation and remodeling. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2000; 161:1720–45., , , , .
- 2Animal models of bronchial asthma. Inflamm Res 2000; 49:639–54..
- 3Experimental bronchial asthma – the strength of the species rat. Curr Drug Targets 2008; 9:466–9., , , , .
- 4Dose-dependent recruitment of CD25+ and CD26+ T cells in a novel F344 rat model of asthma. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 2007; 292:L1564–71., , et al.
- 5The multifunctional or moonlighting protein CD26/DPPIV. Eur J Cell Biol 2003; 82:53–73., .
- 6CD26, let it cut or cut it down. Immunol Today 1999; 20:367–75., , , .
- 7Dipeptidyl-peptidase IV (CD26) – role in the inactivation of regulatory peptides. Regul Pept 1999; 85:9–24..
- 8Regulation of expression and function of dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DP4), DP8/9, and DP10 in allergic responses of the lung in rats. J Histochem Cytochem 2008; 56:147–55., , et al.
- 9Positional cloning of a novel gene influencing asthma from chromosome 2q14. Nat Genet 2003; 35:258–63., , et al.
- 10DPP10 modulates Kv4-mediated A-type potassium channels. J Biol Chem 2005; 280:18853–61., , et al.
- 11Pan-neurotrophin receptor p75 contributes to neuronal hyperreactivity and airway inflammation in a murine model of experimental asthma. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 2003; 28:170–8., , et al.
- 12Neuroimmune crosstalk in asthma: dual role of the neurotrophin receptor p75NTR. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2007; 120:1089–96., , et al.
- 13An active-site mutation (Gly633–> Arg) of dipeptidyl peptidase IV causes its retention and rapid degradation in the endoplasmic reticulum. Biochemistry 1992; 31:11921–7., , , , , .
- 14CD26 (dipeptidyl-peptidase IV)-dependent recruitment of T cells in a rat asthma model. Clin Exp Immunol 2005; 139:17–24., , et al.
- 15Localization, transmission, spontaneous mutations, and variation of function of the Dpp4 (dipeptidyl-peptidase IV; CD26) gene in rats. Regul Pept 2003; 115:81–90., , et al.
- 16FELASA recommendations for the health monitoring of mouse, rat, hamster, gerbil, guinea pig and rabbit experimental units. Report of the Federation of European Laboratory Animal Science Associations (FELASA) Working Group on Animal Health accepted by the FELASA Board of Management, November 1995. Lab Anim 1996; 30:193–208., , et al.
- 17Immunoenzymatic labeling of monoclonal antibodies using immune complexes of alkaline phosphatase and monoclonal anti-alkaline phosphatase (APAAP complexes). J Histochem Cytochem 1984; 32:219–29., , et al.
- 18Unbiased stereological estimation of the total number of neurons in the subdivisions of the rat hippocampus using the optical fractionator. Anat Rec 1991; 231:482–97., , .
- 19Increased surfactant protein A and D expression in acute ovalbumin-induced allergic airway inflammation in Brown Norway rats. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 2008; 148:118–26., , , .
- 20Biological significance of aminopeptidase N/CD13 in thyroid carcinomas. Cancer Res 2003; 63:8500–6., , , , .
- 21Lung immunopathology in cases of sudden asthma death. Eur Respir J 1997; 10:301–7., , et al.
- 22Differential recruitment of leukocyte populations and alteration of airway hyperreactivity by C-C family chemokines in allergic airway inflammation. J Immunol 1997; 158:4398–404., , , , , .
- 23Depletion of murine CD4+ T lymphocytes prevents antigen-induced airway hyperreactivity and pulmonary eosinophilia. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 1994; 10:587–93., , , .
- 24Direct evidence for the binding of rat liver DPP IV to collagen in vitro. Exp Cell Res 1988; 178:64–72., , , .
- 25Evidence for a role of dipeptidyl peptidase IV in fibronectin-mediated interactions of hepatocytes with extracellular matrix. Biochem J 1989; 262:327–34., , , .
- 26Lung endothelial dipeptidyl peptidase IV promotes adhesion and metastasis of rat breast cancer cells via tumor cell surface-associated fibronectin. J Biol Chem 1998; 273:24207–15., , , .
- 27CD26 (dipeptidyl peptidase i.v.) on human T lymphocytes does not mediate adhesion of these cells to endothelial cells or fibroblasts. Immunobiology 1998; 198:465–75., , et al.
- 28Inhibition of CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV enhances CCL11/eotaxin-mediated recruitment of eosinophils in vivo. J Immunol 2008; 181:1120–7., , et al.
- 29The coordinated action of CC chemokines in the lung orchestrates allergic inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness. J Exp Med 1998; 188:157–67., , et al.
- 30Increased MCP-1, RANTES, and MIP-1alpha in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of allergic asthmatic patients. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1996; 153:1398–404., , et al.
- 31Polymorphism in the gene regulatory region of MCP-1 is associated with asthma susceptibility and severity. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2001; 108:375–81., , et al.
- 32Expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and interleukin-8 receptors on subsets of T cells: correlation with transendothelial chemotactic potential. Eur J Immunol 1996; 26:640–7., , et al.
- 33CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV regulates prostate cancer metastasis by degrading SDF-1/CXCL12. Clin Exp Metastasis 2008; 25:765–76., , et al.
- 34Increased immunoreactivity of stromal cell-derived factor-1 and angiogenesis in asthma. Eur Respir J 2003; 21:804–9., , , , .
- 35Stromal cell-derived factors 1alpha and 1beta, inflammatory protein-10 and interferon-inducible T cell chemo-attractant are novel substrates of dipeptidyl peptidase 8. FEBS Lett 2008; 582:819–25., , et al.
- 36Mig and IP-10: CXC chemokines that target lymphocytes. J Leukoc Biol 1997; 61:246–57..
- 37Interferon-inducible T cell alpha chemoattractant (I-TAC): a novel non-ELR CXC chemokine with potent activity on activated T cells through selective high affinity binding to CXCR3. J Exp Med 1998; 187:2009–21., , et al.