Spatiotemporal expression of chemokines and chemokine receptors in experimental anti-myeloperoxidase antibody-mediated glomerulonephritis
Version of Record online: 8 JUL 2009
© 2009 British Society for Immunology
Clinical & Experimental Immunology
Volume 158, Issue 1, pages 143–153, October 2009
How to Cite
Van Der Veen, B. S., Petersen, A. H., Belperio, J. A., Satchell, S. C., Mathieson, P. W., Molema, G. and Heeringa, P. (2009), Spatiotemporal expression of chemokines and chemokine receptors in experimental anti-myeloperoxidase antibody-mediated glomerulonephritis. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 158: 143–153. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2249.2009.03993.x
- Issue online: 2 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 8 JUL 2009
- Accepted for publication 30 June 2009
- 1Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies with specificity for myeloperoxidase in patients with systemic vasculitis and idiopathic necrotizing and crescentic glomerulonephritis. N Engl J Med 1988; 318:1651–7., .
- 2Antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies specific for myeloperoxidase cause glomerulonephritis and vasculitis in mice. J Clin Invest 2002; 110:955–63., , et al.
- 3Aggravation of anti-myeloperoxidase antibody-induced glomerulonephritis by bacterial lipopolysaccharide: role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha. Am J Pathol 2005; 167:47–58., , et al.
- 4The role of neutrophils in the induction of glomerulonephritis by anti-myeloperoxidase antibodies. Am J Pathol 2005; 167:39–45., , et al.
- 5Chemokine receptors and their role in inflammation and infectious diseases. Blood 2000; 95:3032–43., .
- 6Chemokines and chemokine receptors in leukocyte trafficking. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 2002; 283:R7–28., .
- 7Interleukin-8: a pathogenetic role in antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody-associated glomerulonephritis. Kidney Int 1999; 55:852–63., , , .
- 8Anti-myeloperoxidase antibodies enhance phagocytosis, IL-8 production, and glucose uptake of polymorphonuclear neutrophils rather than anti-proteinase 3 antibodies leading to activation-induced cell death of the neutrophils. Clin Rheumatol 2007; 26:216–24., , et al.
- 9Differential expression and responsiveness of chemokine receptors (CXCR1-3) by human microvascular endothelial cells and umbilical vein endothelial cells. FASEB J 2000; 14:2055–64., , et al.
- 10The CXC chemokine receptor 2, CXCR2, is the putative receptor for ELR+ CXC chemokine-induced angiogenic activity. J Immunol 2000; 165:5269–77., , et al.
- 11IL-8 directly enhanced endothelial cell survival, proliferation, and matrix metalloproteinases production and regulated angiogenesis. J Immunol 2003; 170:3369–76., , , , .
- 12Angiogenic effects of interleukin 8 (CXCL8) in human intestinal microvascular endothelial cells are mediated by CXCR2. J Biol Chem 2003; 278:8508–15., , et al.
- 13Kidney diseases and chemokines. Curr Drug Targets 2006; 7:65–80., , , .
- 14Chemokines, chemokine receptors, and renal disease: from basic science to pathophysiologic and therapeutic studies. J Am Soc Nephrol 2000; 11:152–76., , .
- 15Severe impairment in early host defense against Candida albicans in mice deficient in myeloperoxidase. Infect Immun 1999; 67:1828–36., , , , , .
- 16Inhibition of complement factor C5 protects against anti-myeloperoxidase antibody-mediated glomerulonephritis in mice. Kidney Int 2007; 71:646–54., , et al.
- 17Site-specific inhibition of glomerulonephritis progression by targeted delivery of dexamethasone to glomerular endothelium. Mol Pharmacol 2007; 72:121–31., , et al.
- 18Conditionally immortalized human glomerular endothelial cells expressing fenestrations in response to VEGF. Kidney Int 2006; 69:1633–40., , et al.
- 19CXC chemokine receptor-2 ligands are necessary components of neutrophil-mediated host defense in invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. J Immunol 1999; 163:6086–94., , , , , .
- 20Bacterial clearance and survival are dependent on CXC chemokine receptor-2 ligands in a murine model of pulmonary Nocardia asteroides infection. J Immunol 2000; 164:908–15., , , , , .
- 21Critical role of endothelial CXCR2 in LPS-induced neutrophil migration into the lung. J Clin Invest 2006; 116:695–702., , et al.
- 22Prevention of proteinuria by the administration of anti-interleukin 8 antibody in experimental acute immune complex-induced glomerulonephritis. J Exp Med 1994; 180:1135–40., , et al.
- 23Cytokine-induced neutrophil chemoattractant mediates neutrophil influx in immune complex glomerulonephritis in rat. J Clin Invest 1994; 94:337–44., , , , , .
- 24Modulation of neutrophil influx in glomerulonephritis in the rat with anti-macrophage inflammatory protein-2 (MIP-2) antibody. J Clin Invest 1995; 95:1009–17., , , .
- 25Chemokines are expressed in a myeloid cell-dependent fashion and mediate distinct functions in immune complex glomerulonephritis in rat. J Immunol 1997; 158:3917–24., , , , .
- 26Circulating cytokine profile in anti-neutrophilic cytoplasmatic autoantibody-associated vasculitis: prediction of outcome? Mediat Inflamm 2004; 13:275–83., , .
- 27ANCA induces beta2 integrin and CXC chemokine-dependent neutrophil–endothelial cell interactions that mimic those of highly cytokine-activated endothelium. J Leukoc Biol 2005; 77:33–43., , , , .
- 28Alternative complement pathway in the pathogenesis of disease mediated by anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies. Am J Pathol 2007; 170:52–64., , , , .
- 29Chemokine binding and activities mediated by the mouse IL-8 receptor. J Immunol 1995; 155:2158–64., , , , , .
- 30The chemokine system: redundancy for robust outputs. Immunol Today 1999; 20:254–7..
- 31Relative importance of CCR5 and antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies in patients with Wegener's granulomatosis. J Rheumatol 2003; 30:1541–7., , , .
- 32Increased severity of glomerulonephritis in C-C chemokine receptor 2 knockout mice. Kidney Int 2000; 57:129–36., , et al.
- 33RANTES and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) play an important role in the inflammatory phase of crescentic nephritis, but only MCP-1 is involved in crescent formation and interstitial fibrosis. J Exp Med 1997; 185:1371–80., , et al.
- 34Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and osteopontin differentially regulate monocytes recruitment in experimental glomerulonephritis. Kidney Int 2001; 59:1762–9., , et al.
- 35Urinary monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) is a marker of active renal vasculitis. Nephrol Dial Transpl 2004; 19:2761–8., , et al.
- 36Fractalkine expression in human renal inflammation. J Pathol 2002; 196:85–90., , , .
- 37Prevention of crescentic glomerulonephritis by immunoneutralization of the fractalkine receptor CX3CR1 rapid communication. Kidney Int 1999; 56:612–20., , et al.