S. S. and J. T. share first authorship.
Prolonging microtubule dysruption enhances the immunogenicity of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia cells
Version of Record online: 17 JUL 2009
© 2009 British Society for Immunology
Clinical & Experimental Immunology
Volume 158, Issue 2, pages 186–198, November 2009
How to Cite
Shaha, S. P., Tomic, J., Shi, Y., Pham, T., Mero, P., White, D., He, L., Baryza, J. L., Wender, P. A., Booth, J. W. and Spaner, D. E. (2009), Prolonging microtubule dysruption enhances the immunogenicity of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia cells. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 158: 186–198. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2249.2009.04003.x
- Issue online: 1 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 17 JUL 2009
- Accepted for publication 8 July 2009
- 1CLL therapy: progress at last. Blood 2005; 105:2–3..
- 2Amplifying cancer vaccine responses by modifying pathogenic gene programs in tumor cells. J Leukoc Biol 2004; 76:338–51..
- 3Sensitization of IL-2 signaling through TLR-7 enhances B lymphoma cell immunogenicity. J Immunol 2006; 176:3830–39., , et al.
- 4Cellular stress response and apoptosis in cancer therapy. Blood 2001; 98:2603–14., .
- 5Phase I study of bryostatin 1 and vincristine in relapsed B-cell malignancies. Clin Cancer Res 2003; 9:5929–35., , et al.
- 6Comparison of chlorambucil and prednisone versus CVP as initial treatment for CLL. J Clin Oncol 1991; 9:770–6., , et al.
- 7Effect of serum and antioxidants on the immunogenicity of PKC-activated CLL cells. J Immunother 2005; 28:28–39., , et al.
- 8Immunomodulatory effects of TLR7 activation on CLL cells. Leukemia 2006; 20:286–95., , et al.
- 9CLL prognosis at diagnosis. Blood 2004; 103:1202–10., , .
- 10Synthetic bryostatin analogues activate the RasGRP1 signaling pathway. J Med Chem 2004; 47:6638–44., , et al.
- 11A new method for detecting TNF-α-secreting cells. J Immunol Methods 2003; 264:77–87., , et al.
- 12Selective vincristine toxicity against CLL cells in vitro. Eur J Haematol 2000; 65:370–8., , .
- 13Effect of IL-2Rβ-binding cytokines on costimulatory properties of CLL cells: implications for immunotherapy. Br J Haematol 2004; 127:531–42., , , .
- 14Phorbol ester-induced loss of colchicine ultrasensitivity in CLL cells. Leuk Res 1985; 9:885–95..
- 15The stathmin family of microtubule destabilizers. Curr Opin Cell Biol 2002; 14:18–24..
- 16Targeting RAS signalling pathways in cancer therapy. Nat Rev Cancer 2003; 3:11–22..
- 17Targeting JNK for therapeutic benefit. Nat Rev Drug Discov 2003; 2:554–65., .
- 18New drugs for asthma. Nat Rev Drug Discov 2004; 3:831–44..
- 19Immunosuppression by glucocorticoids. Science 1995; 270:286–90., , , , .
- 20MARCKS proteins. Biochem J 2002; 362:1–12., , .
- 21Potential for PKC isoenzyme-specific modulation. FASEB J 1997; 11:649–69..
- 22Constitutively activated PI3K is involved in the defect of apoptosis in B-CLL. Blood 2002; 100:3741–8., , et al.
- 23Microtubules as targets for anticancer drugs. Nat Rev Cancer 2004; 4:253–65., .
- 24Immunogenic cancer cell death: a key-lock paradigm. Curr Opin Immunol 2008; 20:504–11., , et al.
- 25Stress activated MAPK signaling pathways. Physiol Rev 2001; 81:807–69., .
- 26CD54 is a surrogate marker of antigen presenting cell activation. Cancer Immunol Immunother 2008; 57:1381–90., .
- 27Exposure to paclitaxel or vinblastine down-regulates CD11a and CD54 expression by P815 mastocytoma cells and renders the tumor cells resistant to killing by nonspecific CTLs induced with anti-CD3 antibody. Cancer Immunol Immunother 2003; 52:185–93., , , , .
- 28JNK signaling in apoptosis. Oncogene 2008; 27:6245–51., .
- 29Pathogen recognition with TLRs. Curr Opin Immunol 2005; 17:338–44., .
- 30Cloning and characterization of the promoter region of the human CD83 gene. Immunobiology 2002; 205:231–46., , et al.
- 31LPS induces distinct alterations in the microtubule cytoskeleton of monocytes. Cell Biol Toxicol 2000; 16:339–46., , et al.