Sources of support: National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC).
Increased levels of T cell granzyme b in bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome are not suppressed adequately by current immunosuppressive regimens
Article first published online: 3 AUG 2009
© 2009 British Society for Immunology
Clinical & Experimental Immunology
Volume 158, Issue 2, pages 230–236, November 2009
How to Cite
Hodge, S., Hodge, G., Ahern, J., Liew, C.-L., Hopkins, P., Chambers, D. C., Reynolds, P. N. and Holmes, M. (2009), Increased levels of T cell granzyme b in bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome are not suppressed adequately by current immunosuppressive regimens. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 158: 230–236. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2249.2009.04008.x
- Issue published online: 1 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 3 AUG 2009
- Accepted for publication 23 July 2009
- 1Post-transplant bronchiolitis obliterans. Eur Respir J 2003; 22:1007–18., .
- 2Registry of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation: twenty-fourth official adult lung and heart-lung transplantation report-2007. J Heart Lung Transplant 2007; 26:782–95., , et al.
- 3Association of minimal rejection in lung transplant recipients with obliterative bronchiolitis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2004; 170:1022–6., , et al.
- 4Molecular executors of cell death-differential intrarenal expression of Fas ligand, Fas, granzyme B, and perforin during acute and/or chronic rejection of human renal allografts. Transplantation 1996; 62:1860–6., , et al.
- 5Intragraft activation of genes encoding cytotoxic T lymphocyte effector molecules precedes the histological evidence of rejection in human cardiac transplantation. Transplantation 2001; 72:1705–8., , et al.
- 6Correlation between interleukin-15 and granzyme B expression and acute lung allograft rejection. Transpl Immunol 2004; 12:103–8., , et al.
- 7Differential rates of apoptosis in BAL and blood of lung transplant patients. J Heart Lung Transplant 2005; 24:1305–14., , , .
- 8Increased airway granzyme b and perforin in current and ex-smoking COPD subjects. COPD 2006; 3:1–9., , , , .
- 9Antigen receptor-regulated exocytosis in cytotoxic T lymphocytes. J Exp Med 1987; 166:725–43., .
- 10Human granzyme B degrades aggrecan proteoglycan in matrix synthesized by chondrocytes. J Immunol 1993; 151:7161–71., , et al.
- 11Bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome 2001: an update of the diagnostic criteria. J Heart Lung Transplant 2002; 21:297–310., , et al.
- 12Revision of the 1996 working formulation for the standardization of nomenclature in the diagnosis of lung rejection. J Heart Lung Transplant 2007; 26:1229–42., , et al.
- 13Increased apoptosis in the airways in COPD persists after smoking cessation. Eur Respir J 2005; 25:447–54., , , .
- 14Endomyocardial biopsies for diagnosis of rejection – the potential margin of error. Transplant Proc 1990; 22:1443., , , .
- 15The role of transbronchial biopsies in the management of lung transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant 1993; 12:308–24., , et al.
- 16Intracellular cytokines in blood T cells in lung transplant patients – a more relevant indicator of immunosuppression than drug levels. Clin Exp Immunol 2005; 139:159–64., , , .
- 17Increased intracellular pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in bronchoalveolar lavage T cells of stable lung transplant patients. Transplantation 2005; 80:1040–5., , , .
- 18Management of acute pancreatitis: current knowledge and future perspectives. World J Emerg Surg 2006; 23:1–16., , .
- 19Gabexate mesilate, a synthetic protease inhibitor, reduces ischemia/reperfusion injury of rat liver by inhibiting leukocyte activation. Crit Care Med 1999; 27:2062–3., , .
- 20The effects of inhaled nitric oxide, gabexate mesilate, and retrograde flush in the lung graft from non-heart beating minipig donors. Transplantation 2000; 69:2019–27., , et al.