Increased frequencies of T helper type 17 cells in the peripheral blood of patients with acute myeloid leukaemia
Version of Record online: 11 AUG 2009
© 2009 British Society for Immunology
Clinical & Experimental Immunology
Volume 158, Issue 2, pages 199–204, November 2009
How to Cite
Wu, C., Wang, S., Wang, F., Chen, Q., Peng, S., Zhang, Y., Qian, J., Jin, J. and Xu, H. (2009), Increased frequencies of T helper type 17 cells in the peripheral blood of patients with acute myeloid leukaemia. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 158: 199–204. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2249.2009.04011.x
- Issue online: 1 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 11 AUG 2009
- Accepted for publication 3 August 2009
- 1Acute myeloblastic leukemia in AIDS. AIDS 1990; 4:367–8., , , , .
- 2The lineage decisions of helper T cells. Nat Rev Immunol 2002; 2:933–44., .
- 3A distinct lineage of CD4 T cells regulates tissue inflammation by producing interleukin 17. Nat Immunol 2005; 6:1133–41., , et al.
- 4Comparison of IL-17 production by helper T cells among atopic and nonatopic asthmatics and control subjects. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 2005; 137 (Suppl. 1):51–4., , , .
- 5Double-blind randomized controlled clinical trial of the interleukin-6 receptor antagonist, tocilizumab, in European patients with rheumatoid arthritis who had an incomplete response to methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54:2817–29., , et al.
- 6Absence of regulatory T-cell control of TH1 and TH17 cells is responsible for the autoimmune-mediated pathology in chronic graft-versus-host disease. Blood 2007; 110:3804–13., , , , , .
- 7Reciprocal developmental pathways for the generation of pathogenic effector TH17 and regulatory T cells. Nature 2006; 441:235–8., , et al.
- 8Transforming growth factor-beta induces development of the T(H)17 lineage. Nature 2006; 441:231–4., , et al.
- 9TG F-beta in the context of an inflammatory cytokine milieu supports de novo differentiation of IL-17-producing T cells. Immunity 2006; 24:179–89., , , , .
- 10The orphan nuclear receptor ROR gamma t directs the differentiation program of proinflammatory IL-17+ T helper cells. Cell 2006; 126:1121–33., , et al.
- 11Th17 cell differentiation: the long and winding road. Immunity 2008; 28:445–53., .
- 12A critical function for transforming growth factor-beta, interleukin 23 and proinflammatory cytokines in driving and modulating human T(H)-17 responses. Nat Immunol 2008; 9:650–7., , et al.
- 13Interleukins 1beta and 6 but not transforming growth factor-beta are essential for the differentiation of interleukin 17-producing human T helper cells. Nat Immunol 2007; 8:942–9., , , .
- 14Effector memory T cells, early metastasis, and survival in colorectal cancer. N Engl J Med 2005; 353:2654–66., , et al.
- 15T-bet regulates metastasis rate in a murine model of primary prostate cancer. Cancer Res 2004; 64:452–5., , , , .
- 16Increased populations of regulatory T cells in peripheral blood of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Res 2005; 65:2457–64., , , , , .
- 17Intratumoral CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cell-mediated suppression of infiltrating CD4+T cells in B cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Blood 2006; 107:3639–46., , , , .
- 18Increased population of CD4(+)CD25(high), regulatory T cells with their higher apoptotic and proliferating status in peripheral blood of acute myeloid leukemia patients. Eur J Haematol 2005; 75:468–76., , et al.
- 19Cutting edge: Th17 and regulatory T cell dynamics and the regulation by IL-2 in the tumor microenvironment. J Immunol 2007; 178:6730–3., , et al.
- 20The prevalence of Th17 cells in patients with gastric cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2008; 374:533–7., , et al.
- 21Drug therapy for acute myeloid leukemia. Blood 2005; 106:1154–63., , .
- 22Proposals for the classification of the acute leukaemias. French–American–British (FAB) Co-operative Group. Br J Haematol 1976; 33:451–8., , et al.
- 23Proposed revised criteria for the classification of acute myeloid leukaemia. A report of the French–American–British Cooperative Group. Ann Intern Med 1985; 103:620–5., , et al.
- 24Report of the National Cancer Institute-sponsored workshop on definitions of diagnosis and response in acute myeloid leukemia. J Clin Oncol 1990; 8:813–19., , et al.
- 25Internalization, lysosomal degradation and new synthesis of surface membrane CD4 in phorbol ester-activated T-lymphocytes and U-937 cells. Exp Cell Res 1992; 201:160–73., , , .
- 26Intracellular cytokine repertoire in different T cell subsets from patients with sarcoidosis. Thorax 2001; 56:487–93., , , , , .
- 27Species differences in the effect of pregnancy on lymphocyte cytokine production between human and rat. J Leukoc Biol 2005; 78:946–53., , et al.
- 28Interleukin-17 in acute myeloid leukemia. J Cell Mol Med 2003; 7:472–4., , , .
- 29Interleukin-17 promotes angiogenesis and tumor growth. Blood 2003; 101:2620–7., , et al.
- 30IL-17 enhances the net angiogenic activity and in vivo growth of human non-small cell lung cancer in SCID mice through promoting CXCR-2-dependent angiogenesis. J Immunol 2005; 175:6177–89., , et al.
- 31Tumor-specific Th17-polarized cells eradicate large established melanoma. Blood 2008; 112:362–73., , et al.
- 32Prognostic significance of tumor burden in the blood of patients with erythrodermic primary cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Blood 2001; 97:624–30., , et al.
- 33Development, cytokine profile and function of human interleukin17-producing helper T cells. Nat Immunol 2007; 8:950–7., , et al.
- 34Distinct regulation of interleukin-17 in human T helper lymphocytes. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56:2936–46., , , , .
- 35IL-21 and TGF-beta are required for differentiation of human T(H)17 cells. Nature 2008; 454:350–2., , et al.
- 36The differentiation of human T(H)-17 cells requires transforming growth factor-beta and induction of the nuclear receptor RORgammat. Nat Immunol 2008; 9:641–9., , .