Institution where the work was carried out: University of Cape Town Lung Institute, Allergy Diagnostic and Clinical Research Unit (ADCRU), and Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Cape Town, PO Box 34560, Groote Schuur 7937, South Africa.
Complete deficiency of the sixth complement component (C6Q0), susceptibility to Neisseria meningitidis infections and analysis of the frequencies of C6Q0 gene defects in South Africans
Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2012
© 2011 The Authors. Clinical and Experimental Immunology © 2011 British Society for Immunology
Clinical & Experimental Immunology
Volume 167, Issue 3, pages 459–471, March 2012
How to Cite
Orren, A., Owen, E. P., Henderson, H. E., van der Merwe, L., Leisegang, F., Stassen, C. and Potter, P. C. (2012), Complete deficiency of the sixth complement component (C6Q0), susceptibility to Neisseria meningitidis infections and analysis of the frequencies of C6Q0 gene defects in South Africans. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 167: 459–471. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2249.2011.04525.x
- Issue online: 30 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 NOV 2011 02:08AM EST
- Accepted for publication 10 November 2011
- 12Complement haemolytic activity. In: Morgan BP, ed. Complement methods and protocols. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press, 2000:61–7..
- 13Statistics South Africa. Census 2001, Pretoria. Published 2003. Available at: http://www.statssa.gov.za/census01/html/default.asp (accessed 1 January 2011).
- 16Proportions and their differences. In: Altman DG, Machin D, Bryant TN et al., eds. Statistics with confidence, 2nd edn. London: BMJ Books, 2000; 45:56., .
- 17Probable inference, the law of succession, and statistical inference. J Am Stat Assoc 1927; 22:209–13..
- 18R Development Core Team. r: a language and environment for statistical computing. 2011. Available at: http://CRAN.R-project.org (accessed 1 January 2011).