Guidelines for the evaluation of blood cell analysers including those used for differential leucocyte and reticulocyte counting and cell marker applications
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Clinical & Laboratory Haematology
Volume 16, Issue 2, pages 157–174, June 1994
How to Cite
England, J.M., Rowan, R.M., van Assendelft, O.W., Bull, B.S., Coulter, W.H., Fujimoto, K., Groner, W., Jones, A.R., Koepke, J.A., Lewis, S.M., Shinton, N.K., Tatsumi, N., Thom, R., Verwilghen, R.L. and McLaren, C.E. (1994), Guidelines for the evaluation of blood cell analysers including those used for differential leucocyte and reticulocyte counting and cell marker applications. Clinical & Laboratory Haematology, 16: 157–174. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2257.1994.tb00402.x
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- Accepted for publication 14 January 1994
- 1975) In: Beyond Normality: The Predictive Value and Efficiency of Medical Diagnosis, 19 John Wiley & Sons, New York . & . (
- Geigy Scientific Tables (1982) Introduction to Statistics, Statistical Tables. Mathematical Formulae, Introduction to Statistics, Statistical Tables. Mathematical Formulae Ciba-Geigy Ltd., Basle , Switzerland .
- ICSH (1980) Recommendation for reference method for determination by centrifugation of packed cell volume of blood. J. Clin Pathol, 33, 1–2.
- ICSH (1984) Protocol for evaluation of automated blood cell counters. Clin. lab. Haemal. 6, 69–84.
- ICSH (1987) Recommendations for reference method for haemoglobinometry in human blood. (ICSH Standard 1986) and specifications for international haemiglobincyanide reference preparation (Third edition). Clin. lab. Haemal. 9, 73–79.
- ICSH (1988a) The assignment of values to fresh blood used for calibrating automated blood cell counters. Clin. lab. Haemal. 10, 203–212.
- ICSH (1988b) Recommended methods for the visual determination of white cell and platelet counts. WHO/LAB/88.3.
- ICSH (1989) Recommended methods for the determination of packed ceil volume by centrifugation. WHO/LAB/89.1.
- ICSH (1991) Rules and Operating Procedures. ICSH Secretariat, Leuven , Belgium .
- ICSH (1992) ICSH guidelines for reticulocyte counting by microscopy on supra vitally stained preparations. WHO/LBS/92.3.
- ICSH (1994) Reference method for the enumeration of erythrocytes and leucocytes. Clin lab. Haemal. 16, 131–138.
- NCCLS (1986) Evaluation of the linearity of quantitative analytical methods. Proposed Guideline, NCCLS Document EP6-P.
- NCCLS (1992) Reference leukocyte differential count (proportional) and evaluation of instrumental methods. Approved standard, NCCLS Document H20-A.
- NCCLS (1993a) Methods for the Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate Test. Third edition, Candidate Standard for Approval, NCCLS Document H2–A3.
- NCCLS (1993b) Reticulocyte counting by flow cytometry, Proposed Guideline, NCCLS Document, H44-P.
- NCCLS (1994) Reference and Selected Procedures for the Quantitative Determination of Haemoglobin in Blood. Second edition. Approved Standard, NCCLS Document H15–A2.