The Haemostasis and Thrombosis Task Force meet every 6 months and will review these guidelines if any major developments occur, or by September 2008 at the latest. Members of the working party: Dr Mark Winter (Chairman, Consultant Haematologist, Canterbury), Dr David Keeling (Consultant Haematologist, Oxford), Dr Hannah Cohen, Consultant Haematologist, UCH, London, Freda Sharpen (Anticoagulant Specialist Nurse, Manchester), Prof. Patrick Vallance (Clinical Pharmacologist, UCH, London).
Procedures for the outpatient management of patients with deep venous thrombosis1
Version of Record online: 1 FEB 2005
Clinical & Laboratory Haematology
Volume 27, Issue 1, pages 61–66, February 2005
How to Cite
WINTER, M., KEELING, D., SHARPEN, F., COHEN, H., VALLANCE, P. and THE HAEMOSTASIS AND THROMBOSIS TASK FORCE OF THE BRITISH COMMITTEE FOR STANDARDS IN HAEMATOLOGY (2005), Procedures for the outpatient management of patients with deep venous thrombosis. Clinical & Laboratory Haematology, 27: 61–66. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2257.2004.00660.x
- Issue online: 1 FEB 2005
- Version of Record online: 1 FEB 2005
- Accepted for publication 9 June 2004
- BCSH Haemostasis and Thrombosis Task Force (1998) Guidelines on oral anticoagulation: third edition. British Journal of Haematology 101, 374–387.
- BCSH Haemostasis and Thrombosis Task Force (2000) Guideline for the investigation and management of antiphospholipid syndrome. British Journal of Haematology 109, 704–715.
- BCSH Haemostasis and Thrombosis Task Force (2001) Investigation and management of heritable thrombophilia. British Journal of Haematology 114, 512–528.
- BCSH Haemostasis and Thrombosis Task Force (2004) Guidelines on the diagnosis of deep venous thrombosis. British Journal of Haematology 124, 15–25.
- 1997) Randomised trial of effect of compression stockings in patients with symptomatic proximal vein thrombosis. Lancet 349, 759–762. , , , , & (
- 1996) Epidemiology of venous thromboembolism. In: Disorders of Thrombosis (eds R.D.Hull & G.F.Pineo), pp. 159–174. W.B. Saunders, London, UK. (
- 1986) Continuous intravenous heparin compared with intermittent subcutaneous heparin in the initial treatment of proximal vein thrombosis. New England Journal of Medicine 315, 1109–1114. , , , , , , , , , et al. (
- The Tasman Study Group (1996) Treatment of venous thrombosis with unfractionated heparin administered in the hospital as compared with subcutaneous low molecular weight heparin administered at home. New England Journal of Medicine 334, 682–687. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , &
- 1999) What is the outcome of the post thrombotic syndrome? Thrombosis and Haemostasis 82, 1196–1197. , , , , & (
- 1996) Low molecular weight heparins and unfractionated heparin in the treatment of patients with acute venous thromboembolism: results of a meta-analysis. American Journal of Medicine 11100, 269–277. , , , & (
- 1998) Expanding eligibility for outpatient treatment of venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism with low molecular weight heparin. Archives of Internal Medicine 158, 1809–1812. , , , , , & (
- 2000) Assessment of deep venous thrombosis or pulmonary embolism by the combined use of clinical model and noninvasive diagnostic tests. Seminars in Thrombosis and Haemostasis 6, 643–656. , & (