Transition in endocrinology: the challenge of maintaining continuity
Article first published online: 11 DEC 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 78, Issue 1, pages 29–35, January 2013
How to Cite
Downing, J., Gleeson, H. K., Clayton, P. E., Davis, J. R. E., Wales, J. K. and Callery, P. (2013), Transition in endocrinology: the challenge of maintaining continuity. Clinical Endocrinology, 78: 29–35. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2012.04473.x
- Issue published online: 11 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 11 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 JUN 2012 11:05PM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 8 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 17 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 22 DEC 2011
- Manchester Academic Health Science Centre
- NIHR Biomedical Research Centre
- 3Department of Health (2006) Child Health and Maternity Services Branch. Transition: Getting it Right for Young People. Improving the transition of young people with long term conditions from children's to adult health services, London.
- 13Royal College of Nursing (2004) Adolescent Transition Care: Guidance for Nursing Staff. London.
- 142009) Promoting better care: transition from child to adult services. Nursing Standard, 23, 35–40.(
- 222006) Growing Up Ready for Emerging Adulthood: An Evidence Base for Professionals Involved in Transitional Care for Young People with Chronic Illnesses and/or Disabilities. Department of Health, London.(
- 26Intercollegiate working party on adolescent health (2003) Bridging the Gaps: Health Care for Adolescents. Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, London.
- 28Department of Health (2008) Partnerships for Children, Families and Maternity. Transition: Moving On Well. Department of Health, London.
- 32American Academy of Pediatrics, American Academy of Family Physicians, American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine. (2002) A consensus statement on health care transitions for young adults with special health care needs. Pediatrics, 110(Suppl 3), 1304–1306.