- Top of page
- Initiation of comparative assessment
- Defining the uses of the candidate product
- Determining the alternatives to consider as substitute(s) for the uses of the candidate product
- Conduct of comparative assessment process
- Comparability of risks for health and environment
- Final conclusion of the CA
- Explanatory notes
This standard provides guidance for comparative assessment (CA) to determine whether the substitution of a plant protection product (PPP) is appropriate in view of agronomic considerations. However, this standard does not address comparative safety from the human and environmental perspective. It covers comparison with chemical and non-chemical pest control alternatives. The standard provides a scheme to support decision-making. Expert judgment is required in answering the questions (which may include the need to seek specialist advice).
Specific approval and amendment
First approved in 2011-09.