A randomised controlled trial of the Home Independence Program, an Australian restorative home-care programme for older adults
Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Health & Social Care in the Community
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 69–78, January 2013
How to Cite
Lewin, G., De San Miguel, K., Knuiman, M., Alan, J., Boldy, D., Hendrie, D. and Vandermeulen, S. (2013), A randomised controlled trial of the Home Independence Program, an Australian restorative home-care programme for older adults. Health & Social Care in the Community, 21: 69–78. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2524.2012.01088.x
- Issue published online: 5 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
- Accepted for publication 23 June 2012
- 2001) The design and implementation of a restorative care model for home care. The Gerontologist 41, 257–263. , , , & (
- 2002) Reliability of a primary, generic assessment instrument for home care. Australasian Journal of Ageing 21, 185–191. , & (
- Care Services Efficiency Delivery Programme (2007) Homecare Re-Ablement Workstream: Discussion Document. Department of Health, London, UK.
- 1988) The Barthel ADL Index: a reliability study. International Disability Studies 10, 61–63. , , & (
- 2000) Promoting independence in Brighton and Hove. Managing Community Care 8, 23–33. & (
- 2006) A randomized trial of a multicomponent home intervention to reduce functional difficulties in older adults. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 54, 809–816. , , , , & (
- 2010) Home Care Re-Ablement Services: Investigating the Longer-Term Impacts (Prospective Longitudinal Study). Social Policy Research Unit, University of York, York, UK. , , et al. (
- 1997) The Australian Quality of Life (AQoL) Instrument: Initial Validation. Centre for Health Program and Evaluation, West Heidelberg, VIC. , , & (
- Health Workforce Advisory Committee (2006) Care and Support in the Community Setting. Discussion Paper-June 2006. Health Workforce Advisory Committee, Wellington, New Zealand.
- 1996) Fear of falling revisited. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 77, 1025–1029. , , & (
- 2009) Investigating the longer term impact of home care re-ablement services. the short-term outcomes and costs of home care re-ablement services. Interim Report (Working Paper Number DHR 2378). Department of Health, London, UK. , & et al. (
- 2000) Leicestershire County Council: External Evaluation of the Home Care Reablement Pilot Project. Centre for Group Care and Community Care Studies, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK. , , & (
- 1969) Assessment of older people: self-maintaining and instrumental activities of daily living. Gerontologist 9, 179–196. & (
- 2010) A non-randomised controlled trial of the Home Independence Program (HIP): an Australian restorative programme for older home-care clients. Health and Social Care in the Community 18, 91–99. & (
- 2008) The home independence project. Geriaction 26, 13–20. , , et al. (
- 2000) Taking Prevention Forward: A Directory of Examples. Anchor Trust, Oxford, UK. & (
- 2007) Research into the Longer Term Impacts/Effects of Re-Ablement Services, Care Services Efficiency Delivery Program. Homecare Re-ablement Workstream, Care Services Efficiency Programme, London, UK. , , , , & (
- 2007) ASPIRE: Assessment of Services Promoting Independence and Recovery in Elders. The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand. , & et al. (
- 1991) The timed up and go: a test of basic functional mobility for frail elderly persons. Journal of American Geriatrics Society 39, 142–148. & (
- Silver Chain Nursing Association (2007) Home Independence Program (HIP) User Manual. Silver Chain Nursing Association, Perth, WA.
- 2002) Evaluation of restorative care vs. usual care for older adults receiving an acute episode of home care. Journal of the American Medical Association 287, 2098–2105. , , , , & (
- World Health Organization (2002) Active Ageing a Policy Framework. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.