Chimeric IgG4 PR3-ANCA induces selective inflammatory responses from neutrophils through engagement of Fcγ receptors
Article first published online: 4 APR 2009
© 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 128, Issue 2, pages 236–244, October 2009
How to Cite
Hussain, A., Pankhurst, T., Goodall, M., Colman, R., Jefferis, R., Savage, C. O. S. and Williams, J. M. (2009), Chimeric IgG4 PR3-ANCA induces selective inflammatory responses from neutrophils through engagement of Fcγ receptors. Immunology, 128: 236–244. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2567.2009.03108.x
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2009
- Received 18 August 2008; revised 17 September 2008, 23 March 2009; accepted 23 March 2009.
- 1Chimeric antibodies to proteinase 3 of IgG1 and IgG3 subclasses induce different magnitudes of functional responses in neutrophils. Ann Rheum Dis 2007; 66:676–82., , et al.
- 2Predominance of IgG1 and IgG4 subclasses of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies (ANCA) in patients with Wegener’s granulomatosis and clinically related disorders. Clin Exp Immunol 1991; 83:379–86., , , , , , .
- 3Characterisation of monoclonal antibodies to proteinase-3 and application in the study of epitopes for classical anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibodies. Exp Nephrol 1995; 3:249–56., , .
- 4Anti-neutrophil cytoplasm-associated glomerulonephritis. J Am Soc Nephrol 2006; 17:1224–34., , , .
- 5Antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody-associated small-vessel vasculitis. Curr Opin Rheumatol 2007; 19:17–24..
- 6Anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibody IgG subclasses in Wegener’s granulomatosis: a possible pathogenic role for the IgG4 subclass. Clin Exp Immunol 2004; 138:183–92., , , , , .
- 7Comparison of the effector functions of human immunoglobulins using a matched set of chimeric antibodies. J Exp Med 1987; 166:1351–61., , et al.
- 8Autoantibodies from patients with systemic vasculitis activate primed neutrophils via Fc gamma receptor dependent pathways. Blood 2001; 98:1448–55., , , , .
- 9ANCA induces beta2 integrin and CXC chemokine dependent neutrophil–endothelial cell interactions that mimic those of highly cytokine activated endothelium. J Leukoc Biol 2005; 77:33–43., , , , .
- 10Treatment of rolling neutrophils with anti-neutrophil cytoplasm autoantibodies causes conversion to firm integrin-mediated adhesion. Arthritis Rheum 2000; 43:1337–44., , .
- 11IgG4 breaking the rules. Immunology 2001; 105:9–19., .
- 12Tubulointerstitial nephritis associated with IgG4-related autoimmune disease. Am J Kidney Dis 2007; 50:455–462., , et al.
- 13IgG4 associated autoimmune hepatitis: a differential diagnosis for classical autoimmune hepatitis. Gut 2007; 56:1471–1472., , et al.
- 14Activation of the Gi heterotrimeric G protein by ANCA IgG F(ab′)2 fragments is necessary but not sufficient to stimulate the recruitment of those downstream mediators used by intact ANCA IgG. J Am Soc Nephrol 2003; 14:661–9., , et al.
- 15Activation of Syk in neutrophils by anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibodies occurs via Fcγ receptors and CD18. J Am Soc Nephrol 2004; 15:796–808., , , .
- 16Biohemical analysis and crystallisation of Fc gamma RIIa, the low affinity receptor for IgG. Immunol Lett 1999; 68:17–23., , et al.
- 17Differential mitogen-activated protein kinase stimulation by Fc gamma receptor IIa and Fc gamma receptor IIIb determines the activation phenotype of human neutrophils. J Immunol Methods 2000; 164:6530–7., , , , .
- 18Localization of human neutrophil interleukin-8 (CXCL-8) to organelle(s) distinct from the classical granules and secretory vesicles. J Leukoc Biol 2006; 79:564–73., , , , , .
- 19Linear anti-glomerular basement membrane IgG but no glomerular disease: Goodpasture’s syndrome restricted to the lung. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2007; 22:1233–5., , , .