Journal Article No. 7683. Michinan Agricultural Exuerlment Station. East Lansing, MI.
PURGING OF NATURAL SALT-STOCK PICKLE FERMENTATIONS TO REDUCE BLOATER DAMAGE
Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2006
Journal of Food Science
Volume 42, Issue 1, pages 234–240, January 1977
How to Cite
COSTILOW, R. N., BEDFORD, C. L., MlNGUS, D. and BLACK, D. (1977), PURGING OF NATURAL SALT-STOCK PICKLE FERMENTATIONS TO REDUCE BLOATER DAMAGE. Journal of Food Science, 42: 234–240. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.1977.tb01259.x
This research was partially financed by the Ad Hoc Pickle Research Committee, Pickle Packers International, Inc., St. Charles, Ill.
We gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of the Heifetz Pickling Co., Div. of Green Bay Foods Co., Eaton Rapids, Mich. for providing the facilities and cucumbers for these experiments. Also, we are very grateful for the cooperation of Mr. Thomas Schwalbe. plant manager: and for the assistance of many ofher individuals of the Heifetz Co. We thank Mr. Yoav Sarig of the Agricultural Engineering Department, MSU. for his assistance in helping us find gas diffusers and ofher members of that department and of the USDA for helping in the evaluation of the salt stock. The pure cultures used in the controlled fermentation were generously supplied by Chr. Hansen's Laboratory. Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Issue online: 25 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2006
- MS received 5/4/76; revised 7/16/76; accepted 7/21/76.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!