Presented at the 36th Annual Meeting of the Institute of Food Technologists, Anaheim, CA, June 7–9.1976.
LIGHT AND SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPE STUDIES ON DRY BEANS: EXTRACELLULAR GELATINIZATION OF LIMA BEAN STARCH IN WATER AND A MIXED SALT SOLUTION
Article first published online: 25 AUG 2006
Journal of Food Science
Volume 42, Issue 5, pages 1204–1207, September 1977
How to Cite
ROCKLAND, L. B., JONES, F. T. and HAHN, D. M. (1977), LIGHT AND SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPE STUDIES ON DRY BEANS: EXTRACELLULAR GELATINIZATION OF LIMA BEAN STARCH IN WATER AND A MIXED SALT SOLUTION. Journal of Food Science, 42: 1204–1207. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.1977.tb14460.x
The research was supported in part by the California Dry Bean Advisory Board. We thank E.M. Zaragose for technical assistance.
Reference to a company or product name does not imply approval or recommendation of the product by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to the exclusion of others which may be suitable.
- Issue published online: 25 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 25 AUG 2006
- MS received 11/22/76; revised 2/23/77; accepted 2/28/77.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Starch Polymers, 2014,, , , , ,
- 2Effect of iodine on polymer leaching and granule swelling of starches from different botanical sources, Journal of Cereal Science, 2011, 54, 1, 76, , ,
- 3Rheology and texture of starch gels containing iodine, Journal of Cereal Science, 2011, 54, 3, 374, ,
- 4Prehistoric cereal foods from Greece and Bulgaria: investigation of starch microstructure in experimental and archaeological charred remains, Vegetation History and Archaeobotany, 2008, 17, S1, 265, , , ,
- 6Shear thinning and antithixotropic behavior of a heated cross-linked waxy maize starch dispersion, International Journal of Food Properties, 1999, 2, 1, 63, , ,
- 7Calorimetric and rheological behavior of cowpea protein plus starch (cowpea and corn) gels, Food Hydrocolloids, 1997, 11, 3, 339, ,
- 8Cereal foods and nutrition in ancient Egypt, Nutrition, 1997, 13, 6, 579,
- 9Cotyledon thermal behavior and pectic solubility as related to cooking quality in common beans, Plant Foods for Human Nutrition, 1997, 50, 2, 141, , , , ,
- 10Rheological behavior of heated starch dispersions in excess water: role of starch granule, Carbohydrate Polymers, 1997, 33, 4, 273, , , ,
- 14Hard-to-cook phenomenon in common beans — A review, Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 1993, 33, 3, 227, , ,
- 17Handbook of Food and Beverage Stability, 1986,, ,
- 20Dry beans ofPhaseolus:A review. Part 3, C R C Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 1984, 21, 2, 137, , , ,
- 21Dry beans ofphaseolus. A review. Part 1. Chemical composition: Proteins, C R C Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 1984, 20, 1, 1, , , ,
- 22Dry beans ofphaseolus. A review. Part 2. Chemical composition: Carbohydrates, fiber, minerals, vitamins, and lipids, C R C Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 1984, 21, 1, 41, , , ,
- 23Analysis of Foods and Beverages: Modern Techniques, 1984,,