This research was supported by the Umami Manufacturers Association of Japan. The authors thank the following for their help: Shunsuke Hiraguri, Hide Ishii, Paul Maldonado, Gwen Newhall, Sharlene Vite, Benjamin Weitzel, and Karen Wilkins.
Defining a Taste by a Single Standard: Aspects of Salty and Umami Tastes
Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2006
Journal of Food Science
Volume 52, Issue 5, pages 1405–1409, September 1987
How to Cite
ISHII, R. and O'MAHONY, M. (1987), Defining a Taste by a Single Standard: Aspects of Salty and Umami Tastes. Journal of Food Science, 52: 1405–1409. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.1987.tb14094.x
- Issue online: 25 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2006
- Ms received 6/19/86; revised 10/31/86; accepted 2/27/87.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!