Paper No. 11934 of the Journal Series of the North Carolina Agricultural Research Service, Raleigh, NC 27695-7643.
Influence of Poultry Species, Muscle Groups, and NaCl Level on Strength, Deformability, and Water Retention in Heat-Set Muscle Gels
Article first published online: 25 AUG 2006
Journal of Food Science
Volume 54, Issue 5, pages 1136–1140, September 1989
How to Cite
AMATO, P. M., HAMANN, D. D., BALL, H. R. and FOEGEDING, E. A. (1989), Influence of Poultry Species, Muscle Groups, and NaCl Level on Strength, Deformability, and Water Retention in Heat-Set Muscle Gels. Journal of Food Science, 54: 1136–1140. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.1989.tb05940.x
The authors thank Cuddy Farms Inc., Holly Farms Inc., House of Raeford Farms Inc., and Perdue Farms Inc. for their donations of turkey and chicken for this study. In addition, they thank Dr. Francis G. Giesbrecht for his statistical advice.
The use of trade names in this publication does not imply endorsement by the North Carolina Agricultural Research Service, nor criticism of similar ones not mentioned.
Presented at the 48th Annual meeting of the Institute of Food Technologists. New Orleans, LA June, 1988.
- Issue published online: 25 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 25 AUG 2006
- Ms. received 12/16/88; revised 2/25/89; accepted 4/3/89.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!