We acknowledge financial support of the Beef Industry Council of the National Live Stock and Meat Board and the Cattlemen's Beef Research and Promotion Board. We also thank Marietta Buyck and Dr. Ranzell Nickelson II (National Cattleman's Beef Association) as well as Robert Delmore and Gretchen Hilton (Colorado State University) for assistance in conducting the field study. We also recognize the following individuals for contributions to this project: B. Gorman (Shur·Fine Foods), T. Ross, M. Kyffin and S. Gotto (Colorado State University), and M. Flowers and Dr. M. Curiale (Silliker Laboratories Group, Inc.).
Hot-Water Rinsing and Trimming/Washing of Beef Carcasses to Reduce Physical and Microbiological Contamination
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2006
Journal of Food Science
Volume 62, Issue 2, pages 373–376, March 1997
How to Cite
DELMORE, L. R. G., SOFOS, J. N., REAGAN, J. O. and SMITH, G. C. (1997), Hot-Water Rinsing and Trimming/Washing of Beef Carcasses to Reduce Physical and Microbiological Contamination. Journal of Food Science, 62: 373–376. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.1997.tb04004.x
- Issue online: 20 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2006
- Ms received 4/5/96; revised 8/21/96; accepted 9/29/96.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!