We thank Juan Carlos Contreras, Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila, for help through several stages of this work. We are also grateful to Prof. Malcolm C. Bourne (Cornell University/New York State Agricultural Experiment Station) for advice and help. Thanks to Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua (Postgraduate Studies Division) and to Boine Johnson (Texture Technologies Corporation, Scarsdale, NY) for financial help.
Low-temperature Blanch Improves Textural Quality of French-fries
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2006
Journal of Food Science
Volume 62, Issue 3, pages 568–571, May 1997
How to Cite
AGUILAR, C.N., ANZALDÚA-MORALES, A., TALAMÁS, R. and GASTÉLUM, G. (1997), Low-temperature Blanch Improves Textural Quality of French-fries. Journal of Food Science, 62: 568–571. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.1997.tb04432.x
Part of the information contained in this paper was first presented as a poster at the 1995 IFT Annual Meeting, Anaheim, Calif. The paper is based on author Cristóbal N. Aguilar's thesis for a M.S. degree. Studies and thesis were carried out at the Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua sponsored by CONACYT (National Board of Science and Technology) and the Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila, Mexico.
- Issue online: 20 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2006
- Ms received 2/21/96; revised 9/1/96; accepted 9/16/96.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!