Scientific contribution no. 1730, Storrs Agricultural Experiment Station.
Estimation of Spoilage Bacterial Load on Meat by Fluorescein Diacetate Hydrolysis or Resazurin Reduction
Article first published online: 20 JUL 2006
Journal of Food Science
Volume 62, Issue 3, pages 601–604, May 1997
How to Cite
VENKITANARAYANAN, K.S., FAUSTMAN, C., HOAGLAND, T. and BERRY, B.W. (1997), Estimation of Spoilage Bacterial Load on Meat by Fluorescein Diacetate Hydrolysis or Resazurin Reduction. Journal of Food Science, 62: 601–604. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.1997.tb04440.x
Support for this research was provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, ARS, Beltsville, MD, and the U.S. Army Natick RD&E Center, Natick, MA.
Thanks to Drs. Gary Shults, Frank DiLeo, Curtis Blodgett and Richard Worfel for assistance.
We also thank the Storrs Agricultural Experiment Station, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Connecticut.
- Issue published online: 20 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 20 JUL 2006
- Ms received 7/27/96; revised 12/16/96; accepted 12/28/96.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Effect of higher temperature exposure on physicochemical properties of frozen buffalo meat, Veterinary World, 2014, 7, 11, 909, , ,
- 4Food Spoilage Microorganisms, 2006,,
- 5Comparison of rapid and simple colorimetric microplate assays as an index of bacterial count, Food Control, 2004, 15, 6, 421, , ,
- 6Colorimetric alamarBlue assay as a bacterial concentration and spoilage index of marine foods, Food Control, 2003, 14, 7, 455, ,