These studies were conducted with funds from U.S. National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Services Small Business Research Pro-gram, Grant No. R43 AI38730-01, support of the Biomedical Development Corporation, San Antonio, TX and Hatch grant H8311 administered by the Texas Agricultural Experiment Sta-tion. We thank G.R. Acuff (Animal Science Dept., Texas A&M University, College Station, TX) for helpful discussion. We also thank Dr. Jack H. Kessler at the Symbollon Corporation, Sudbury, MA for assistance with PCC disinfectant formulations and the Symbollon Corporation for formulating and supplying the PCC disinfectant. Results of this study were presented at the 96th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology held at New Orleans, LA (Kuo et al. 1996b).
Reduction of Salmonella Contamination on Chicken Egg Shells by a Peroxidase-Catalyzed Sanitizer
Article first published online: 20 JUL 2006
Journal of Food Science
Volume 62, Issue 4, pages 873–884, July 1997
How to Cite
KUO, F.-L., KWON, Y.M., CAREY, J.B., HARGIS, B.M., KRIEG, D.P. and RICKE, S.C. (1997), Reduction of Salmonella Contamination on Chicken Egg Shells by a Peroxidase-Catalyzed Sanitizer. Journal of Food Science, 62: 873–884. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.1997.tb15476.x
- Issue published online: 20 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 20 JUL 2006
- Ms received 6/28/96; revised 11/22/96; accepted 2/27/97.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!