This work was supported by United States Dept. of Agriculture, Cooperative State Research Education and Extension Service, grant nr 9902774. We wish to thank Dr. Denise Foley for her technical assistance, as well as Ready Pac Produce for the tomatoes and IBA/ Guardion for the irradiation processing. All judges were informed about the treatment procedures that the diced tomatoes underwent, and consent was obtained during initial sensory screening.
Effects of Exogenous Calcium Salt Treatments on Inhibiting Irradiation-Induced Softening in Diced Roma Tomatoes
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2006
Journal of Food Science
Volume 68, Issue 8, pages 2430–2435, October 2003
How to Cite
Magee, R.L., Caporaso, F. and Prakash, A. (2003), Effects of Exogenous Calcium Salt Treatments on Inhibiting Irradiation-Induced Softening in Diced Roma Tomatoes. Journal of Food Science, 68: 2430–2435. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.2003.tb07041.x
- Issue online: 20 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2006
- MS 20030188 Submitted 4/8/03, Revised 6/9/03, Accepted 8/9/03.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!