Research-related activities in community-based child health services
Article first published online: 9 JUL 2008
© 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Advanced Nursing
Volume 63, Issue 3, pages 266–275, August 2008
How to Cite
Comino, E. J. and Kemp, L. (2008), Research-related activities in community-based child health services. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 63: 266–275. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2008.04693.x
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 9 JUL 2008
- Accepted for publication 13 March 2008
- Australian Confederation of Paediatric and Child Health Nurses (ACPCHN) (2006) Competencies for the Specialist Paediatric and Child Health Nurse. Retrieved from http://www.acpchn.org.au/ on 5 May 2008.
- 1991) Becoming Reflective. Distance Learning Centre, South Bank Polytechnic, London. (
- 2000) Pediatric evidence-based medicine: past, present, and future. The Journal of Pediatrics 136(3), 383–389. , & (
- 2005) Making evidence based practice a reality for mental health nursing. Contemporary Nurse 20, 278–289. , , & (
- Commonwealth Department of Health and Aged Care (CDHAC) (2005) Primary Health Care Research Evaluation and Development Strategy. Phase 2 (2006–2009). CDHAC, Canberra.
- 2003) Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Method Approaches, 2nd edn. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA. (
- 2007) Influence of organizational characteristics and context on research utilization. Nursing Research 56, S24–S39. , , , & (
- 1998) Implementing evidence-based nursing: some misconceptions. Evidence Based Nursing 1, 38–39. , & (
- 2003) Research knowledge, attitudes and practices of health professionals. Nursing Outlook 51, 165–170. , & (
- 2003) Individual determinants of research utilization: a systematic review. Journal of Advanced Nursing 43, 506–520. , , , & (
- 2001) Fostering nursing research among nurse clinicians in an Australian area health service. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing 32, 228–237. , , & (
- 2005) Political scholarship: nursing, knowledge, evidence and patient care. Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing 22, 5. (
- 20062007) Working in partnership in the antenatal period: what do child and family health nurses do? Contemporary Nurse 23(2), 312–320. , , , , , & (
- 1998) Ethics and evidence based medicine. British Medical Journal 316, 1151–1153. , & (
- 2001) Approaches to implement research findings in nursing practice: report of a study tour to Australia and New Zealand. International Journal of Nursing Practice 7, 392–405. (
- 2007) Capacity building in nursing and midwifery research and development: an old priority with a new perspective. Journal of Advanced Nursing 59, 57–67. , , , & (
- 2006) Assessing the relationship between contextual factors and research utilization in nursing: systematic literature review. Journal of Advanced Nursing 55, 622–635. , , , , & (
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) (2003) When Does Quality Assurance in Health Care Require Independent Ethical Review? Advice to Institutions, Human Research Ethics Committees and Health Care Professionals. Retrieved from http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/publications/synopses/e46syn.htm on 5 May 2008.
- New South Wales Office of Children and Young People and New South Wales Department of Community Services (2005) Families First Outcomes Framework New South Wales Data Report, June 2004. Sydney, Australia.
- 2006) Evidence and expertise. Nursing Inquiry 13, 82–93. (
- 2001) Essentials of Nursing Research: Methods, Appraisals, and Utilisation, 5th edn. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA. , & (
- 2006) Analysis of the impact of a national initiative to promote evidence-based nursing practice. International Journal of Nursing Practice 12, 232–240. , , , & (
- 1998) Evidence-based practice: an idea whose time has come. Collegian 5, 24–27. (
- 2006) An exploration of factors which constrain nurses from research participation. Journal of Clinical Nursing 15, 535–545. (
- 2004) What counts as evidence in evidence-based practice? Journal of Advanced Nursing 47, 81–90. , , , , & (
- 1997) Choosing the best research design for each question. British Medical Journal 315, 2027. & (
- 1996) Evidence based medicine: what it is and what it isn’t. British Medical Journal 312, 71–72. , , , & (
- 2000) Focus on research methods: whatever happened to qualitative description? Research in Nursing and Health 23, 334–340. (
- The Australian Council of Healthcare Standards (2003) The EQuIP Guide: A Framework to Improve Quality and Safety of Health Care, 3rd edn. Retrieved from http://www.achs.org.au on 5 May 2008.
- 2003) Sustainability in changing clinical practice promotes evidence-based nursing care. Journal of Advanced Nursing 41, 509–518. , , & (
- 2002) Governing nursing conduct: the rise of evidence-based practice. Nursing Inquiry 9, 156–161. , & (