Galliformes – barometers of the state of applied ecology and wildlife conservation in China
Article first published online: 28 APR 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 British Ecological Society
Journal of Applied Ecology
Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 524–526, June 2009
How to Cite
McGowan, P. J. K., Zhang, Y.-Y. and Zhang, Z.-W. (2009), Galliformes – barometers of the state of applied ecology and wildlife conservation in China. Journal of Applied Ecology, 46: 524–526. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2664.2009.01631.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2009
- Received 12 May 2008; accepted 28 January 2009Handling Editor: E. J. Milner-Gulland
- 1998) Conservation status of the Sichuan Hill-partridge Arborophila rufipectus in China. Bird Conservation International, 8, 349–359. , , & (
- 2009) Habitat utilisation by the threatened Sichuan partridge Arborophila rufipectus: consequences for managing newly protected areas in southern China. Bird Conservation International, 19, in press. , , & (
- 2005) Providing artificial nest platforms for Cabot's tragopan Tragopan caboti (Aves: Galliformes): a useful conservation tool? Oryx, 39, 118–123. , , , & (
- IUCN (2007) 2007 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. <http://www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloaded on 28 April 2008.
- 1996) International communication and the conservation of Chinese Galliformes. Acta Zoologica Sinica, 42(Supplement), 144–147. (
- 1994) Phasianidae (pheasants and partridges). Handbook of the Birds of the World, Volume II (eds J.Del Hoyo, A.Elliott & J.Sargatal), pp. 434–552. Lynx Edicions, Barcelona, Spain. (
- State Environment Bureau (1999) China environment state bulletin: 1998. Environment Protection, 7, 3–9 (in Chinese).
- State Environment Protection Administration (1998) Country Research Report on Biodiversity in China. China Environmental Science Press, Beijing, China.
- State Forestry Administration (2001) The National Pheasant Action Plan. State Forestry Administration, Beijing, China.
- 2003) Population ecology of the Chinese grouse Bonasa sewerzowi in a fragmented landscape. Biological Conservation, 110, 177–184. , , , & (
- 2007) Nest site selection of Chinese grouse Bonasa sewerzowi at Lianhuashan, Gansu, China. Wildlife Biology, 13(Supplement 1), 68–72. , , , , & (
- 2007) China's forestry reforms. Science, 318, 1556–1557. , , , & (
- 2007) Home range and habitat use of Reeves's pheasant Syrmaticus reevesii in the protected areas created from forest farms in the Dabie Mountains, central China. Bird Conservation International, 17, 319–330. , , , , & (
- 2005) Review of Cabot's tragopan. Chinese Journal of Zoology, 40,104–107 (in Chinese with English abstract). (
- 2007) A population viability analysis (PVA) for Cabot's tragopan (Tragopan caboti) in Wuyanling, Southwest China. Bird Conservation International, 17, 151–161. & (
- 2003) The current status and a conservation strategy for species of Galliformes in China. Biodiversity Science, 11, 414–421 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , & (
- 2005) A Checklist on the Classification and Distribution of the Birds of China. China Science Press, Beijing, China. (