Degradation of fluoranthene by Pasteurella sp. IFA and Mycobacterium sp. PYR-1: isolation and identification of metabolites
Version of Record online: 20 JAN 2004
Journal of Applied Microbiology
Volume 85, Issue 4, pages 746–754, October 1998
How to Cite
Šepič, E., Bricelj, M. and Leskovšek, H. (1998), Degradation of fluoranthene by Pasteurella sp. IFA and Mycobacterium sp. PYR-1: isolation and identification of metabolites. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 85: 746–754. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2672.1998.00587.x
- Issue online: 20 JAN 2004
- Version of Record online: 20 JAN 2004
- 6614/03/98: received 2 March 1998, revised 15 May 1998 and accepted 19 May 1998
- 1997 Biodegradation studies of polyaromatic hydrocarbons in aqueous media. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 83, 561–568. , &
- 1996 Biodegradation studies of selected hydrocarbons from diesel oil. Analyst, 121, 1451–1456. , &
- 1975 The bacterial degradation of fluoranthene and benzo (a) pyrene. Canadian Journal of Microbiology, 21, 1004–1008.
- 1993 Degradation of phenanthrene, fluorene, fluoranthene, and pyrene by a Mycobacterium sp. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 59, 1927–30. , &
- 1968 Determination of double bond position in monosaturated fatty acid esters by mass spectrometry of their trimethylsilyloxy derivatives. Analytical Chemistry, 40, 1458–1463. &
- 1984 Microbial transformation of aromatic hydrocarbons. In: Petroleum Microbiology(ed. Atlas, R.M ), pp. 99–128. New York: Macmillan.
- 1992 Biodegradation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Biodegradation, 3, 351–368.
- 1993 Biodegradation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 4, 331–338.
- 1997 Biodegradation of phenanthrene in soil microcosms. In: In Situ and on-Site Bioremediation-Proceedings of the Fourth International in Site and on-Site Bioremediation Symposium, New Orleans, April 28-May 1, Vol. 2(eds Alleman, B.C. & Leeson, A.), pp. 239–244. Columbos: Batelle Press.
- 1994 Degradation of phenanthrene and pyrene by micro-organisms isolated from marine sediments and seawater. The Science of the Total Environment, 156, 27–37. , &
- 1984 Unerwartete Reaktionsprodukte von n-methyl-n-trimethylsilyltrifluoracetamid (MSTFA) mit Aldehyden. Tetrahedron, 40, 5167–5170. &
- 1996 Biodegradation of naphthalene from coal tar and heptamethylnonane in mixed batch system. Environmental Science and Technology, 30, 1282–1291. , &
- 1984 Microbial degradation of aromatic hydrocarbons. In: Microbial Degradation of Organic Compounds(ed. Gibson, D.T ), pp. 181–252. New York: Marcel Dekker. &
- 1992 Biodegradability of petroleum waxes and beeswax in an adapted CO2 evolution test. Chemosphere, 25, 605–620.
- 1988 Mineralization of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by a bacterium isolated from sediment below a field. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 6, 1612–1614. &
- 1987 Naphthalene biodegradation in environmental microcosms: estimates of degradation rates and characterisation of metabolites. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 53, 129–136. , &
- 1988 Pyrene degradation by a Mycobacterium sp. identification of ring oxidation and ring fission products. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 54, 2556–2565. , , &
- 1991 The metabolism of fluoranthene by a species of Mycobacterium. Journal of Industrial Microbiology, 7, 19–26. &
- 1991 Identification of a carboxylic acid metabolite from the catabolism of fluoranthene by a Mycobacterium sp. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 57, 636–641. , , &
- 1993 Identification of metabolites from the degradation of fluoranthene by Mycobacterium sp. strain PYR-1. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 59, 800–806. , , &
- 1977 Protective alkylation. In: Handbook of Derivatives for Chromatography(ed. Blau, K. & King, G.S ), pp. 201–233. London: Heyden & Son. &
- 1996a Microbial degradation of pyrene and characterization of a metabolite. The Science of the Total Environment, 177, 17–29. , , &
- 1996b Bacterial transformation of pyrene in a marine environment. Environmental Science and Technology, 30, 1115–1119. , , , &
- 1989 Action of fluoranthene-utilizing bacteria community on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon components of creosote. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 55, 3085–3090. , &
- 1977 Recent advances in the silylation of organic compounds for gas chromatography. In: Handbook of Derivatives for Chromatography(ed. Blau, K. & King, G.S ), pp. 152–200. London: Heyden & Son.
- 1992The Dictionary of Substances and Their Effects. Cambridge: Royal Society of Chemistry. &
- 1971 Interaction and rearrangement of trimethylsilyloxy functional groups. The structural significance of the m/e 147 ion in the mass spectra of trimethylsilyl steroidal ethers. Organic Mass Spectrometry, 5, 789–799. , &
- 1995 Characterisation and Environmental Effects of Unresolved Complex Mixtures of Hydrocarbons. PhD Thesis, University of Plymouth, UK.
- 1992 Efficacy of commercial products in enhancing oil biodegradation in closed laboratory reactors. Journal of Industrial Microbiology, 10, 13–23. , , , , &
- 1991 Degradation of pyrene by Rhodococcus sp. UW1. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 34, 671–676. , , &
- 1990 Degradation of phenanthrene, fluorene and fluoranthene by pure bacterial cultures. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 32, 479–484. , &
- 1991 Microbial metabolism of fluoranthene: isolation and identification of ring fission products. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 34, 528–535. , , &
- 1992 Adsorption of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) by soil particles on biodegradability and biotoxicity. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 36, 689–696. , &