Use of a systematic review to assist the development of Campylobacter control strategies in broilers
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2005
Journal of Applied Microbiology
Volume 100, Issue 2, pages 306–315, February 2006
How to Cite
Adkin, A., Hartnett, E., Jordan, L., Newell, D. and Davison, H. (2006), Use of a systematic review to assist the development of Campylobacter control strategies in broilers. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 100: 306–315. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2672.2005.02781.x
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2006
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2005
- 2004/1373: received 30 November 2004, revised 5 July 2005 and accepted 15 July 2005
- CAB Abstracts®-2003/07. CABI Publishing.
- 2003) Cochrane Reviewers’ Handbook 4.2.0. Available at http://www.cochrane.dk/cochrane/handbook/handbook.htm [updated March 2003]. , and (
- 1997) Evaluation of breed as a risk factor for atresia coli in cattle. Theriogenology 48, 775–790. , , and (
- CRD (2001) Centre for Reviews and Dissemination guidance document – Undertaking Systematic Reviews of Research on Effectiveness. CRD Report Number 4 (2nd edn) March 2001. Available at http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/crd/report4.htm
- 2002) A systematic compilation and classification of the literature on lameness in cattle. Vet J 164, 7–19. , , , , , , and (
- ISI Proceedings (2002) Version 2.0. ISI Web of Knowledge Service available at http://wok.mimas.ac.uk/about/. Thomson ISI.
- ISI Web Of Science (2000) Version 5.0. ISI Web of Knowledge Service available at http://wok.mimas.ac.uk/about/. Thomson ISI.
- 1999) The hazards of scoring the quality of clinical trials for meta-analysis. JAMA 282, 1054–1060. , , and (
- 2002) Using a systematic review of lameness in cattle to develop an intervention study. Society for Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventative Medicine, Vicenary Proceedings Apr 3–5; 167–177. , , , , , , , et al. (
- 2001) The Impact of Community Animal Health Services on Farmers in Low-Income Countries: A Literature Review. UK: VETAID. (
- 2004) Current trends in the microbiological safety of poultry meat. World's Poul Sci J 60, 112–118. (
- Medline. National Library of Medicine (US) Available via PubMed search engine at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/.
- 2003) Sources of Campylobacter colonization in broiler chickens. Appl Environ Microbiol 69, 4343–4351. and (
- 1994) Of babies and bathwater. Am J Epidemiol 140, 779–782. (
- PHLS (2003) Common gastrointestinal infections, England and Wales: laboratory reports, weeks 49-52/02. CDR Weekly. 13, 29th January 2003.
- Sciencedirect (2003). Available at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science. Elsevier Science.
- 1994) Meta-analysis/Shmeta-analysis. A J Epidemiol 140, 771–778. (
- 2002) Emerging foodborne pathogens. Int J Food Microbiol 78, 31–41. (
- 2003) Systematic review of the distribution of the major vector-borne parasitic infections in dogs and cats in Europe. Vet Rec 152, 97–105. and (
- USDA (2004) Livestock and Poultry: World Markets and Trade. Foreign Agricultural Service. Circular Series. March 2004.
- 2001) Systematic reviews of diagnostic research. Considerations about assessment and incorporation of methodological quality. Eur J Epidemiol 17, 301–306. , , and (