New insights for rapid evaluation of bactericidal activity: a semi-automated bioluminescent ATP assay
Version of Record online: 24 MAY 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Journal of Applied Microbiology © 2012 The Society for Applied Microbiology
Journal of Applied Microbiology
Volume 113, Issue 1, pages 114–125, July 2012
How to Cite
Aragonès, L., Escudé, C., Visa, P., Salvi, L. and Mocé-Llivina, L. (2012), New insights for rapid evaluation of bactericidal activity: a semi-automated bioluminescent ATP assay. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 113: 114–125. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2672.2012.05320.x
- Issue online: 13 JUN 2012
- Version of Record online: 24 MAY 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 24 APR 2012 09:41AM EST
- 2011/2171: received 22 December 2011, revised 10 April 2012 and accepted 18 April 2012
- Anon. (1998) Directive 98/8/EC of the European parliament and the council of 16 February of 1998 concerning the placing of biocidal products on the market.
- Anon. (2003) Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics – quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of bactericidal activity of chemical disinfectants for instruments used in the medical area – test method and requirements (phase 2, step 1). European Committee for Standardisation CEN/TC 216. EN 13727.
- Anon. (2008) Technical notes for guidance in support of Annex VI of directive 98/8/EC of the European Parliament and the council concerning the placing of biocidal products on the market.
- Anon. (2009) Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics – quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of bactericidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics used in food, industrial, domestic and institutional areas. European Committee for Standardisation CEN/TC 216. EN 1276.
- 1991) Prediction interval to contain all of m future observations. In Statistical Intervals: A Guide for Practioners pp. 55–59 New York: John Wiley. and (
- 2000) One explanation for the variability of the bacterial suspension test. J Appl Microbiol 88, 237–242. , and (
- 2007) High-Throughput screens for small-molecule inhibitors of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm development. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51, 3582–3590. and (
- 1999) An investigation into the differences between the bioscreen and the traditional plate count disinfectant test methods. J Appl Microbiol 86, 689–694. and (
- 1998) Disinfectant testing: use of the Bioscreen Microbiological Growth Analyser for laboratory biocide screening. Lett Appl Microbiol 26, 288–292. , and (
- 2002) Factors impacting on the problem of antibiotic resistance. J Antimicrob Chemother 49, 25–30. (
- 2010) Do European Standard Disinfectant tests truly simulate in-use microbial and organic soiling conditions on food preparation surfaces? J Appl Microbiol 108, 1344–1351. , , , and (
- 2009) Evaluation of efficacy of disinfectant against Salmonella from the feed industry. J Appl Microbiol 106, 1005–1012. , , , , and (
- 1998) The testing of disinfectants. Int Biodeterior Biodegradation 41, 269–272. (
- 2002) Introduction of biocides into clinical practice and the impact on antibiotic-resistant bacteria. J Appl Microbiol 92(Suppl), 121–135. (
- 2005) Antiseptic “resistance”: real or perceived threat? Clin Infect Dis 40, 1650–1656. (
- 1996) Impedance microbiology – a rapid change for microbiologists. J Appl Bacteriol 80, 233–243. and (
- 1999) Repeatability and reproducibility of germicide tests: a literature review. J AOAC Int 82, 384–389. and (
- 2003) Disinfection in food processing – efficacy testing disinfectants. Rev Environ Sci Biotechnol 2, 293–306. and (