Creating consensus about nursing outcomes. I. An exploration of focus group methodology
- •The aim of this study is to explore a method for achieving consensus about nursing outcomes between patients, nurses and health professionals.
- •Focus group work as a research tool is described and reviewed.
- •Problems of recruiting and facilitating such groups are highlighted.
- •The relationship between focus groups and consensus is discussed.
- •It is concluded that focus group work is not without problems, yet means of incorporating patient views into health services need to be developed.