Version of Record online: 18 DEC 2007
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Volume 6, Issue 3, pages 173–178, May 1997
How to Cite
GOORAPAH, D. (1997), Clinical supervision. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 6: 173–178. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2702.1997.tb00302.x
- Issue online: 18 DEC 2007
- Version of Record online: 18 DEC 2007
- Accepted for publication 19 January 1996
- clinical supervision;
- •The introduction of clinical supervision to a wider sphere of nursing is being considered from a professional and organizational point of view.
- •Positive views are being expressed about adopting this concept, although there are indications to suggest that there are also strong reservations.
- •This paper examines the potential for its success amidst the scepticism that exists.
- •One important question raised is whether clinical supervision will replace or run alongside other support systems.