The emotional work of caring, with a focus on gynaecological nursing
Article first published online: 18 DEC 2007
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Volume 6, Issue 3, pages 233–240, May 1997
How to Cite
MCQUEEN, A. (1997), The emotional work of caring, with a focus on gynaecological nursing. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 6: 233–240. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2702.1997.tb00309.x
- Issue published online: 18 DEC 2007
- Article first published online: 18 DEC 2007
- Accepted for publication 2 February 1996
- emotional work;
- gynaecological nursing
- •In this paper the author briefly reviews the concept of caring
- •Emphasis is given to the emotional component and its management in caring relationships. This is illustrated with reference to a study of gynaecological nursing.
- •Analysis of nurses' perceptions and experiences revealed situations particularly relevant to empathy and emotional work in caring for gynaecological patients.