Survivorship and breast cancer: the psychosocial issues
Version of Record online: 18 DEC 2007
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Volume 6, Issue 5, pages 403–410, September 1997
How to Cite
RENDLE, K. (1997), Survivorship and breast cancer: the psychosocial issues. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 6: 403–410. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2702.1997.tb00334.x
- Issue online: 18 DEC 2007
- Version of Record online: 18 DEC 2007
- Accepted for publication 6 June 1996
- breast cancer;
- social support;
- •This article addresses some of the psychosocial issues concerning survivors of breast cancer.
- •Issues relating to employment and social support are discussed.
- •Social support is also related to the significant other.
- •Recommendations for nursing practice and research are made, including the need for a unilateral definition of ‘survivor’ and for attitudinal changes.
- •As the number of survivors increase, psychosocial barriers need to be diminished by nursing practice and research.